“Expensive for what you get” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale

You added Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   808 East Simcoe Drive, Goldendale, WA 98620 (Formerly Far Vue Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Okanagan Falls
“Expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Small room,old TV set and not many channels, noisy heater. Not much variety for free breakfast.
Mexican restaurant associated with motel, McDonalds close by. Very expensive for the area, paid mid $80,s for a small queen bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnCM_13

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Make no mistake, this is a small town hotel whose attached restaurant went out of business - BUT - the staff were great and the accomodations comfortable. I needed directions and an item for my food and they went out of their way to help me and make sure I got where I needed to go. The GM e-mailed a receipt to me and checked to be certain I received it.

The rooms are basic, but VERY clean - linens, towels, beds, and the bathroom shined! I had a good night's sleep - rare for those of us who travel and stay in different places.

There is a chain restaurant less than a block from the hotel.

If you are heading to the lovely town of Goldendale - I commend the Quality Inn to you.

Room Tip: I stayed on the main level and didn't hear ANY noise from above or beside me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TomSahl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I usually use the Choice Hotels website or 800 number to make reservations but my plans changed abruptly so I got this location off my GPS. What a pleasant surprise. While it was a twisty turny drive to get there and the metropolis of Goldendale is not much to look at, this hotel is a gem. The girl who helped us check in was fantastic, even offering to help us with luggage even though the guy I was traveling with and myself are both over 200 lbs and perfectly capable. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Wi-fi worked very well. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing luxurious here and the rooms are small. The tv is right out of the 90's and the breakfast is simple but for where it is and how affordable it is this is a perfect resting spot. Also the Mexican restaurant out front is great! Don't overlook this location in search of bigger and fancier, this is very comfortable and pleasant.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank The8racer
Roosevelt, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My sisters and I stayed here for two nights in October and we were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and clean our room was. The hotel doesn't try to be fancy, and I thought the price was comparable to other Quality Inns, no matter where they're located. We looked out our window our first day there and saw a herd of deer grazing in a nearby pasture! You don't see that every day! Our room was quiet (we were on the ground floor) and were surprised to learn the hotel had been full the night before. Our breakfast was substantial with a good selection of hot and cold food to choose from. Everyone was friendly and made us feel at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyndal S
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a lower-end hotel. The room was clean with a refrigerator, microwave and t.v. Not enough power outlets, Decent night's sleep. The staff was friendly and the pool was busy. For an out-of-the way hotel, it was surprisingly full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pratt, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The lady that checked me in was very nice and very helpful plus she upgraded me to a suite. The room was clean, the water pressure was good, the towels were nice and fluffy, and the bed was comfortable. Those were the good things. The breakfast worker was extremely nice and friendly, but the breakfast was just average. It was biscuits and gravy, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles...the usual, but for $85/night, I would expect more. I am guessing they can charge that much since people like me pay it, but it is overpriced. If I am in the area again I will look for someone else to stay unless I can get the room for less. I probably would have given the hotel 4 stars if it wasn't overpriced with a basic breakfast.

I only stayed one night, and the housekeeper knocked on my door to clean my room the morning I was checking out. I stay in hotels all the time, and it still amazes me how often I get a knock on the door the day I am checking out. I understand things happen, and it wasn't a huge deal for me to get dressed to open the door (I just got out of the shower), and she was apologetic, but it was pretty early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This room cost more than previous nights at the same chain. Odd thing since it is in the middle of nowhere. No spa. Pool was closed for the season. No bacon or sausage for breakfast. The crew was very nice. The room was average. I would guess there were 4 other rooms filled.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadDog25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles
4.5 of 5 stars 390 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!