“Basic accomandations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale

You added Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   808 East Simcoe Drive, Goldendale, WA 98620 (Formerly Far Vue Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Bellevue, Washington
“Basic accomandations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a lower-end hotel. The room was clean with a refrigerator, microwave and t.v. Not enough power outlets, Decent night's sleep. The staff was friendly and the pool was busy. For an out-of-the way hotel, it was surprisingly full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pratt, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The lady that checked me in was very nice and very helpful plus she upgraded me to a suite. The room was clean, the water pressure was good, the towels were nice and fluffy, and the bed was comfortable. Those were the good things. The breakfast worker was extremely nice and friendly, but the breakfast was just average. It was biscuits and gravy, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles...the usual, but for $85/night, I would expect more. I am guessing they can charge that much since people like me pay it, but it is overpriced. If I am in the area again I will look for someone else to stay unless I can get the room for less. I probably would have given the hotel 4 stars if it wasn't overpriced with a basic breakfast.

I only stayed one night, and the housekeeper knocked on my door to clean my room the morning I was checking out. I stay in hotels all the time, and it still amazes me how often I get a knock on the door the day I am checking out. I understand things happen, and it wasn't a huge deal for me to get dressed to open the door (I just got out of the shower), and she was apologetic, but it was pretty early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This room cost more than previous nights at the same chain. Odd thing since it is in the middle of nowhere. No spa. Pool was closed for the season. No bacon or sausage for breakfast. The crew was very nice. The room was average. I would guess there were 4 other rooms filled.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Clean, basic accommodations. Good proximity to Springhill Winery for concert nights. Expensive for what and where it is. Some rooms offer a view of Mt. Hood. Fuel and dining services nearby. Includes breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room was clean and otherwise decent, but nothing special. The view was nice. I could see Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams along with the surrounding countryside. The room was somewhat dated looking.

I was a bit surprised that the room prices are higher than what I am paying to stay at the Parker House Hilton in Chicago next month (and I got a discounted car club rate at this property). The breakfast options were fine. There was a make-your-own waffle bar and a slow cooker full of gravy to pour over biscuits.

The check-in process was a mess. The computers were down, and check-in took well over 30 minutes for three rooms. Fortunately, the woman who handled check-ins was very friendly and handled all of this with grace and humor. When I called the motel the night before my stay to confirm my reservation, there had been an apparent mix up. I was told I was being comped into a suite, but this didn't happen. I feel this should have been honored.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the second floor have a tremendous view of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
seattle, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Overall, we had a nice stay. We were greeted professionally and given the kind of room we had requested in our reservation. Our room was very clean. We slept well on the firm mattresses with good bedding. The water pressure in the shower was fine and the towels were thicker then many other inns. The fridge, microwave, A/C and wifi worked well. The room is quite dated though. Our TV reception was poor on the 10+ year old TV. There weren't many outlets. (If we didn't travel with our own power strip, we'd have had a tough time with two laptops and the devices we needed to recharge.) We didn't use the pool or stay for breakfast. The room was very expensive relative to other rooms in it's class that we visited during our 11 day motorcycle road trip. It felt about $30-$40 overpriced. I'd like to see some serious updating/modernizing to the motel to bring it in line with it's rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

So here's the thing we came to Goldendale for my step daughters graduation and to honeymoon as we just renewed our wedding vows a month ago. So I rented the deluxe jacuzzi suite with the heart shaped tub. When we arrived early the clerk ever so kindly got us into our room right away. I must say the room was huge and gorgeous! When I first got here I thought this place was great and everything I had hoped for! That was until we tried to use the hot tub. Nothing but ice cold water and we tried for an hour. My husband called the desk and they reported it and said they would work on it tomorrow. In the morning when we tried to take a shower same thing warm cold warm cold. Keep in mind it is cold and raining outside, so no shower and no hot tub! Supposedly they worked on the water issue all day. I thought it might be fixed they said the water heater was at 140'! Well now here we sit we have been trying for an hour and nothing but cold water. I paid extra for this room only for the use of the hot tub, but did not get to use it. Would have rented a regular room had I known, so do not I repeat do not rent the jacuzzi room if you are looking for a romantic get away. Save your money. Very dissapointed.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Goldendale hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles
4.5 of 5 stars 351 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!