“Been staying here for many years” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glacier Creek Motel and Cabins

Glacier Creek Motel and Cabins
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glacier
Glacier Creek Motel and Cabins
Save Saved
You added Glacier Creek Motel and Cabins to your Saves list
10036 Mount Baker Highway, Glacier, WA 98244   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glacier
Vancouver,BC
“Been staying here for many years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I love this rustic property. I have stayed here for over twenty years off and on. This is not a five star place to stay...maybe not even a three star. BUT
it is located 30 minutes from the top of Mount Baker! The little town of Glacier has two good places to have dinner. Graham's and Milano's, the latter to be world class! Like I say if you are looking for 5 star, don't come here. But if you want to get away and be real close to the wilderness do come.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Well, when we arrived I felt like I was in a horror movie. The layout of the rooms was very akward so one bed is at the entrance way and then the other is in the kitchen. I thank god had brought some inscence because it smelled of [----] and mold. I slept in a full body suit and hat and went into town to buy my own blanket so I would not get bed bugs. The bedding scared the [----] out of me. It feels very run down, I thought that they should of paid me to stay there. They are in serious need of a makeover and some money to help these cabins look and feel a little more nice. The shower could not get us clean enough to wipe the feeling of rotten garbage, and dead air off of us. At least they could bleach the floors. Oh, and there was [----] in our ice tray. If you have seen the movie "Hostel' you know now where the sequal should be filmed.

The best thing is, that it is close to Graham's a great local cafe.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The [-----] Smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Reading the last review, I would expand it to say that they are not just rude to ski to sea participants, just rude generally! As of Sept 2008, the hot tub was still not working, and the women who checked us in acted like she really couldn't care less.

The room was basic and clean. I guess they got the location going for them.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

I stayed two weeks at Glacier Creek Lodge and found it to be delightful. The Cabins are older, but clean and cute, plenty of hot water, towels, etc. The management/owners were extremely nice and went out of their way to tell me about area near there. There are plenty of trails and biking areas. Remember it's a small town, so the town people are nice after you approach them and start talking. The resturant was clean and nice. I took my dog and she was well received and got along fine with the other dogs, as one night we made smores. I was able to take food to my room if I could not make the breakfast time. As this is a small town I would recommend bringing your own snacks, drinks, larger food items if staying for any length of time, there are barbeque. Great place for Kids and people who want to get out of the city and see nature up close. Saw a bear and wolf. I am going again in December, as I had a great time and like what I saw and the managers were extremely pleasent and treated me like a famiy member as I was invited to dinner a couple of times. Remember this is a small quiet little town, with fishing, hiking, biking and skiing, it was nice to relax and get away from the rush. And I did check out the Park area and the other Hotels and did not want to spend my vacation money only on a room, so this place was excellant and too my liking, if you want the Hilton and theather go to New York.

• Liked — beautiful area, quaint, if your out for a bike ride (harley, etc) nice place to spent the night
  • Disliked — As stated older hotel, could use newer mattresses, but at the park you bring your own which was more costly
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

We made reservations at this place based on our experience in May of 2006 when we stayed there and found it quite accommodating. We stayed there because we needed a place to stay overnight for the Ski-to-Sea event the next day. They had a working hot tub, let us checkout late and even served breakfast 2 hours early to the participants of the Ski-to-Sea event. This year (May 2008) they were under new management and we arrived to find the hot tub out of order with a leak, no breakfast served before 8:30am (we had to be on top of Mt. Baker at 7:00) and they would not even let us use the microwave oven to warm up our spaghetti dinner. The woman at the front desk had an attitude and was rude. She was not about to make any accommodations for the Ski-to-Sea participants, so we checked out 5 minutes after checking in.

Recommendation; Find another place to stay or sleep in your car.

Rooms: Small, dingy, and musty smelling

Management; Rude, Attitude…must not want business??

Stayed May 2008
SEATTLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

It would be better to sleep in your car up at Mt Baker than to stay in the motel. The walls are made of kleenex(tm) and spit. The beds are soft and cave in towards the middle. The bathroom was rusty, and the shower dribbled rusty water out of the tap.

And, the whole place smelled damp and dusty, all at the same time.

No TV or phone, which was OK - we expected that. But the lighting was insufficient for reading, or doing anything else constructive. There's nothing else to do in Glacier, except drink (I guess?) and we don't drink! (8unlike our next-door neighbors for the night.....)

We asked if we could switch to another room and were just shrugged off. We did stay the one night, because it was dark, and we were tired from skiing. Not to mention the motel had our first night charged anyway. But we drove down to Bellingham after skiing the next day. It was quite possibly the worst and scariest place we've ever stayed, with the most indifferent staff. Not worth it!!!

Note that the cabins didn't look *quite* as bad. At least they're freestanding.

• Stayed February 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Glacier Creek Motel and Cabins? Share your experiences!