“A homey place with good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tanglewood

Tanglewood
3222 56th St. NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 (Formerly Jekyll & Hyde's Pub)
(253) 858-5555
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Gig Harbor, Washington
“A homey place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Walking in, Tanglewood shows their down home style with wildlife on the walls and outdoor pictures and gear throughout the restaurant. Friendly attentive staff throughout smiled and came by to see if we needed anything.

We started with corn bread muffins with honey butter which were good sized and warmed nicely. The house salad has ground up croutons and a couple types of whole beans in it, different but good.

I had the ranch chicken sandwich which was a good size with bacon and normal condiments and ranch dressing; my wife had the pulled pork with cheesy potatoes and another corn muffin which was a full meal.

Overall a different place in the gig harbor area that has a hearty menu and outdoorsy theme that you'll enjoy!

Tacoma, Washington
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Tanglewood grill is opened for breakfast only two days a week, Saturday and Sunday, so it has taken some time to sync our schedules, but the wait was worth it. On a recent, sunny Sunday, we crossed the Bridge and went over to this cozy lodge with good food and excellent service. Having read other, older reviews AFTER the fact, I was pleased we waited. The food was clearly fresh and well presented, the coffee was hot and frequently replenished (and real cream in a real creamer, thank you, no frustrated struggling to make arthritic fingers pry open those tiny super glued cream cups!). I ordered the Chris's Scramble, a mix of home-mixed chorizo sausage, peppers, onions, eggs - tasty and not too spicy - alongside perfectly crisp-but-not-greasy home fries. So good. The meal came with corn tortillas, such a nice change from heavy biscuits! My companion ordered eggs-over-easy which were not quite as easy as he likes, but still tasty, and sausages, which were nice and crisp on the outside, savory on the inside. It was a simple breakfast, which is what we wanted, and we were glad the small crowd allowed us to have a nice chat with the wait staff, who seemed very interested in our first impressions. There is lots of parking, a very accessible facility with restrooms built for comfort (always a plus). The whole place was clean, well kept and the staff pleasant and on the ball. We saw several groups in various Sunday morning modes - post-church to post-night before, and they all seemed as happy as we were to enjoy the Tanglewood's Bill of Fare.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Globe, Arizona
“Hearty Food, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

You would think you had driven your snowmobile to the lodge, animals on the walls, a canoe hung from the ceiling, fire blazing in the fireplace, decor is log cabin chic. We went on a busy Friday night, they were pretty crowded, but we got seated right away, the manager seemed visible at all times checking on details at all the tables. The wait staff were clean cut young people and everyone was hustling. I ordered the Three Pigs, oh my, the sandwich was huge and I had to request extra napkins. Roast pork, pit ham and bacon on a pretzel bun, dripping juices and savory sweet toppings! Wow! It was sooo good, a little hard pressed to finish. The garlic fries I ordered with it were truthfully so-so, but I couldn't eat more anyway. I enjoyed a locally brewed draft 7 Seas Amber from right here in Gig Harbor, very mellow and good. My companion had the Desert Heat burger with jalapeños and onions, and said it was perfect as well. Even though it was busy, it never got too noisy so you could still have a conversation. Lots of parking and easy to find.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Best locals bar in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This bar has the best bartenders around. I've been going for over a year now and ALWAYS taken care of. Food is great. Request a pretzel bun if ordering a burger or sandwich. Thanks for taking care of me.

Visited July 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great Salmon Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to dinner on Saturday night. Very light crowd due to summer and holiday weekend. All 3 of us had salmon. Delicious! Good food and good service. Decent prices.

• Visited July 2013