“Just very average- THAI” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 105 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Thai
Gig harbor
“Just very average- THAI”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Yes, it is the ONLY place in town and so hence the best. I have lived all over the country and honesty this is very very average Thai cuisine. The problem that I have had lately is the older ladies/owners are frankly rude, the younger employees/owners are very cordial and have fine customer service skills...... I have been going in more frequently to order and it's not getting better it's getting worse, both food and customer service. They seem irritated by the customers. I wouldn't make this a destination spot. Go to Tides Tavern, Brix, Susan's or ride on over to Uptown (Olympic Exit)...... Indochine in Tacoma, WA on Pacific is one of the best Thai places that I have ever been to. It is only a short 15 minute drive from Gig Harbor!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Temecula, California
“Best Thai in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The best spicy Thai food I have eaten. Always greeted, seated and served in a quick and friendly manner. Love this place!

Visited May 2012
Gig Harbor, Washington
“A mixed bag, but recommended for food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This review is based on many trips to Thai Hut. I'll get the negative out the way first. It's a small restaurant, and the ambiance is nonexistent. We usually get take out. I consider this a take out restaurant rather than dine in. On weekend evenings, and possibly other times (I wouldn't know because we mainly get food from here on weekends) it can be incredibly busy. I have waited as long as 30 minutes to get food I called in for.
The positives are that the food is good. I wouldn't call this the best Thai food ever, but it is good for Gig Harbor. Prices are reasonable. If you've got to have Thai in Gig Harbor, this is it. Lele's isn't really Thai.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“They Just Don't Care”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We want to like Thai Hut--we want to LOVE it. But the service just gets worse and worse. We have given them the benefit of the doubt because the other Thai/Vietnamese place in Gig Harbor is just as bad.

The food is consistently good; the service is consistently bad.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Centennial, Colorado
“Quick, friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went there alone to have a quick bite to eat, the waitstaff was friendly and my service was very quick. Because it is in a refurbished house it the ambiance is so so but the food was delicious and servings generous. I was able to take home half of what I purchased and enjoy the meal again the next day. I especially enjoyed the fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce.

• Visited September 2012