“A Holiday Favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 104 restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tacoma, WA
“A Holiday Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of our holiday traditions is to drive around Tacoma neighborhoods looking at the holiday lights and then head over the Tacoma Narrows bridge to the quaint downtown of Gig Harbor and Spiro's Pizza and Pasta. It's worth the drive!

On our recent visit, the server had just seated 2 large parties with lots of rambunctious kids. We were grateful that she re-opened another dining room so we could relax and enjoy quiet conversation with our newly reunited family.

The menu offers a good selection of pasta, pizza and subs. You really can't go wrong no matter which way you go. My wife loves the red&white spaghetti with marinara on half and myzithra cheese on the other half. It comes with a breadstick and a big salad with lots of cheese and olives (which you can request not to be included). Curiously, they don't offer ranch dressing so my family has learned to like roquefort.

I enjoyed the pizza and salad combo. For $7.99, you can get a 7" personal cheese pizza and a salad. Toppings are extra.

Service was good. Our server had to take care of two large parties in addition to the four of us and I didn't feel like I had to wait long for our order to be taken and the food to arrive. Drinks were kept full. All in all, a good evening out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Downtown Gig Harbor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First let me say, they seriously need an update. The entire restaurant is void of any decorating and/or ambiance. (Carpets look to be 20 years old.) That said, we go there for their salad (it's teeming with cheese) and their home-made salad dressing. Their pizza has way too much cheese and no taste. The rest of the menu is blah.

Visited November 2012
Minneapolis
“Big place, lots of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

They got our large party in very fast, like 3 minutes, and the service was top notch. I forget her name but she knew exactly what we needed and was very friendly.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good pizza, good ingredients and they got the order right. We enjoyed our pizza and would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was seated quickly on a brutally rainy day.

Evidently a lunch staple, I ordered the "Red & White", spaghetti with 1/2 meat sauce and 1/2 buttered pasta with cheese. It came with a tasty if a bit messy salad. My coffee was delicious, in a region where coffee is typically harsh and acidic. The meal was tasty and satisfying.

My server was exceptionally attentive and personable. Around the corner at Kelly's, the service leaves some to be desired, though the food isn't too bad. Here at Spiro's, my server was Becky; a true professional!

I will most definitely return!

• Visited March 2012