“Different concept...food is meh” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 91 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Seattle, Washington
“Different concept...food is meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The concert is different and I applaud them for that. The execution is the issue.
They have several different beers on tap. Many different burgers. Interior is decorated with old lunch boxes. Lots of cool things: tater tots, doughnut shakes, home made chips, etc.
It took FOR-EVER to get out food, like other reviews. Probably 40 minutes. The waitress felt bad and brought us free chips. The home made chips are great.
Had two of their Dork burgers (duck and pork). The buns were great but the actually patty was covered in a very heavy creamy sauce and then tons of onions. It was hard to eat and I could only finish half because it was too rich and heavy. My wife's Gods Burger was again drowning in too much sauce.
On the drive home my wife and I felt like we had bowling balls in our stomachs. The food is very heavy and fatty.
Would I go back, NO. The concept is great, the food is not.

Price was $75 for 4 burgers, appetizer, 1 beer, 3 dough nut shakes.

Jessica K, General Manager at Lunchbox Laboratory, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you don't think you will be visiting us again. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our decor and our menu. We really do appreciate your feedback and I would love to give you an opportunity to dine with us again, this time on us in order to give you a chance to try some other items on our menu that may be a little more to your liking. Please contact me at jessica@lunchboxlaboratory.com.

Thank you again for your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Cool idea, way to overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great concept and something to add to the diversity if uptown but I cannot believe they feel their food is worth the prices to have them for. A basic build your your burger is $11 WITHOUT cheese and any actual good topping (they consider mushrooms a premium for example) are an extra .25. Their appetizers cost more than most places entrees. That being said, the meals themselves are very good and the atmosphere is spacious and decorated with old school lunch boxes and the service was fantastic. Just drop the prices by 3-4 and it will be a place to return too for sure.

Thank you for your feedback. Have you heard about our great deal for all of January? We are doing a buy one burger get the second one for only $5. Everyday after 3pm. Additionally did you know that we have happy hour twice a day seven days a week? 3-6 pm and 9 pm to close, with both food and drink specials? We also offer lots of promotions and coupons throughout the year for groupons and GetMyPerks so make sure to keep a lookout for them.

Thanks! We hope to see you again soon.

Gig harbor
“Way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Terrible experience had to ask several times for a decent sized table to seat 5 it took over 1 hour to get our burgers the prices were extremely high and food average would not recommend and would never return

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry your experience was less then perfect on your first visit here. We certainly want to make sure you have more then enough room to enjoy our yummy burgers and shakes. I am sorry it took such a long time for you to receive your food. If you would like to contact me at jessica@lunchboxlaboratory.com with your contact information I would be happy to send you a gift certificate so that your next, much better experience is on us. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Tacoma, Washington
“Way to Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

For a burger joint this place is extremely overpriced, I was literally shocked when our bill came. The Restaurant is very loud and difficult to carry a conversation. Overall the food was good, not great! My burger was tasty, however they put about 5 pounds of sauce all over the burger making it impossible to eat. The staff was friendly and outgoing! Due to the price I will probably not go back, I would choose one of the many great and better price restaurants nearby.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback regarding Lunchbox Laboratory. We are sorry you felt we were to expensive. We would love for you to come back sometime soon. For the entire month of January we offer a great deal buy one burger get the second one for only $5. We also have happy hour twice a day from 3-6 pm and 9 pm - close every day of the week!

We hope to see you soon.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Dissapointing and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife & I decided to try this new gourmet burger place in town. We will probably not be back.
When we arrived in the evening the doors were propped open - my guess it was to help remove the smoke - even though it was close to 50 outside. Once we were seated we both had to wear our jackets because of the cold breeze. I had to sit on a folding chair, which became more and more uncomfortable as the meal went on.

Once we ordered it took just over 30 minutes to get our food. We both had burgers with a side and I had a soda. The total was just over $30.

For the price, I'll stick with the other two gourmet burgers in town.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to let you know about our great promotion going on right now of buy one burger get the second one for only $5 after 3pm the entire month of January. I am sorry your first experience was not fantastic but we have resolved both the smoke issue you mentioned as well as our permanent chairs did arrive. We hope to see you soon and wow you with both our great food and service.

Thank you!