“A fun afternoon” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are thrilled to be a part of the Gig Harbor community once again! This time with more to offer: delicious new authentic dishes, refreshing hand-crafted margaritas and a fun tequila bar for you to enjoy with friends and family! Quality Mexican at its finest.
Poulsbo, Washington
“A fun afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was a cold afternoon, and we loved sitting by the fireplace. The tortilla soup and salad lunch combo was excellent, and we appreciated the happy hour drink prices all day on Sunday. The poblano enchilada, rice, and beans were good but nothing spectacular. Serive by Brent was absolutely excellent! It was a great Sunday afternoon visit, and we'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“THE place for Mexican food in Gig Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a change! The old Moctezumas restaurant, across the street, was fine. But, the new one is superb! The decor is stunning, the food seems to be even better and the service is great. It has become a real hit, with the parking lot full every day/evening, spilling over into surrounding areas. Happy Hour is fun and busy.

Visited August 2012
“Worst bartender ever, by far”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday evening, sat at the bar and before we even had a chance to order the female bartender was confrontational. She slammed down a corona in front of my friend, which we did not order, turned and walked away. She then returned to ask "what do you guys want" in the most rude way she could, didn't know we were inconveniencing her by visiting a half full bar. She then told my friend that if he didn't drink the corona she slammed in front of him she would throw it out, which was fine, we never ordered that. She then asked for our IDs, after providing a drink, we all offered our licenses to her, she looked them over and slammed them down on the bar, at this point we had an issue. I asked her what her problem was and why she was being so negative, she was shocked at my assessment and told me she was the nicest girl in the world, another server came by to tell me how busy they had been that day and that was the cause of her sour demeanor, only about half full at this time. After one drink we left, I would not recommend this place to anyone, service of this level is inexcusable and unacceptable

Moctez, Director of Operations at Moctezumas Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest "G H",
My name is Daniel, the Director of Operations here at Moctezuma's and I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience last Saturday at our bar. No guest should ever be treated like that and I can assure you that we will be taking measures to correct this and prevent anything like this to ever occur again. As always, our main focus is to serve high quality food, excellent customer service and an overall enjoyable dining experience. I appreciate your feedback and hope you can give us another opportunity to server you in the future.

Daniel Lara
Ripley, Ohio
“Very good food, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Would definitely recommend this restaurant in Gig Harbor. The atmosphere is good, and the food was very good with very large portions. The service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma
“Run for the border here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Very good food and great service. Came Friday around 1:30 and sat at the bar. Greeted with a smile and chips and salsa. Dos Equis on tap is always good, I went with the Torta. It came with sweet potato fries. All was very good, better was the jalapeño ranch sauce. (just ask for it).
Very cool remodel! From the entry to the bathrooms and bar. Well done!

I'll be back when I can get into some of the tequila! Great selection by the way!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere