“Great new addition to the growing Gig Harbor dining scene” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 104 restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: American
Bellevue, Washington
“Great new addition to the growing Gig Harbor dining scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My in-laws took my wife and I to the Green House to celebrate our aniversary. The restaurant is part of a large re-development of a shopping center on Pt. Fosdick Rd. A multi-screen theater, upscale shopping and lots of dining options means folks on the north side of the Narrows Bridge now have many options rather than paying the toll to cross over to Tacoma for shopping and entertainment.

Let me say that our visit to the Green House was a hit all around. The atmosphere is casual with a flair, with ample outside dining as well as a cozy fireplace inside and a large bar area too. The inside space is all within the same room without much division, but the noise level was perfectly acceptable.

Our service was very attentive and everything arrived in a timely manner. I had the clam linguini, which came with what must have been a pound of fresh steamed clams still in the shell and a tasty sauce over fresh pasta. Others at our table had the beef short ribs and the prime rib, which was one of the daily specials. Everyone had good things to say about their meals. We also shared a calamari appetizer, which was perfectly prepared, as well as two desserts, which were decadent.

I definitely recommend a meal here. Best for adults, as there are other restuarants in this center that are more family friendly and look great too.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Fox Island, Washington
“Great meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Excellent service and the food was incredible. Many innovative choices on the menu, great combinations of ingredients. Everything is very fresh and the kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant so you can watch.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a great new addition to Gig Harbor dining. Give it a shot.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Very tasty food at a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011 via mobile

Tonight was my first time at the Green house. I ordered a steak which was perfectly cooked.
Food was a bit slow between courses but was worth the wait.
Everything was fresh and properly prates, I'm a bit of a doody and an accomplished chef and very particular.
I was satisfied!
If yo like above average food in a nice atmosphere give them a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Food, Bad Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The food at The Green House was really quite good (we ate lunch). The service was totally lacking.

We each ordered a cup of soup and a salad. I thought I saw the chef in the front of the house ladling up our soups, but, when several minutes went by and they didn't arrive at our table, I figured I was mistaken. Wrong. They were delivered to our table--by someone other than our waiter--roughly 30 seconds before the waiter brought out our salads. My partner's clam chowder actually had a skin on the top from sitting so long.

I would have liked dessert, but the waiter never once returned to our table after he brought those salads. He finally showed up when he saw the credit card lying on the table. That was when he decided I needed more iced tea. By then I was drinking my partner's.

Good food isn't that hard to find in Gig Harbor, so we'll go elsewhere next we want lunch in Gig Harbor.

• Visited August 2011