“Lackluster at Best....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Newport Beach
“Lackluster at Best....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited this Inn on the 1st night of my visit to picturesque Gig Harbor, after careful review of all local Hotels. I was (initially) impressed w/ the Inn's welcoming Lobby and excellant food served in the restaurant. The waitstaff guys also, very efficient. However - and this is an important one - if skilled Customer Service is a priority in your travels, I would strongly advise you to stay elsewhere in town. I had several 'botched' incidents w/ the front-desk girl being trained (obviously) upon my 1st night. She was right from the start; hyper, giddy, & terribly un-focused to the point of annoyance. Her incompetence, later, caused me to have a problem with my room charge which then, had to be diverted to Hotel mngmnt. The young 'girls' this Inn hires are not polished or professional and after the dismal experience I had, should never be put in this sort of front-desk position where maturity is called for. I would guess, we were talking high-school age here...or close? I had originally planned to stay on for a few days....but caused so much unnessecary aggravation as I was, abrubtly decided to check out and well that I did - ended up at a delightful little B & B down the road aways right on the Puget Sound; far superior quality all around, like what I'm used to. Additional mention; if you are seeking a 'scenic' spot on Gig Harbor, this is definitely NOT your place. The Hotel sets right off the main Frwy. and faces nothing but a lot of torn-up, dirt roadways under construction. Parking lot noise is (also) a severe problem w/ tour-buses coming in & out at all random hours of the night picking up passengers to take to Seattle airport. (Don't request a room overlooking what they call the "quiet side" - which is anything BUT!) ) 'Zero' views on either side of the bldng. Word to the wise: don't be mis-led by their flattering advertisements. Stay somewheres else...... where the Desk-staff are not run by rank amateures and better views of the Harbor are availible - there are several such Inns.

Room Tip: whatever you do, don'r let the Front Desk mis-lead you about the "quiet side" of the I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello NewportBeachWords,

It pained me to read your review, but, I do appreciate your taking the time to inform us how we need to improve our service. I am sorry you were here during road construction. On the positive side, our new entry will be side walked, landscaped and lit at night which will enable our guests to walk to the many restaurants, services and entertainment we are a very close to. I wish you had been here when our beautiful mountain views were clear to see.

I sincerely apologize we failed to "wow" you. We will address the issues we can fix.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
silicon valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice rooms for a decent price.The beds are comfortable and bathrooms products are thoughtful. A simple but free breakfast with excellent service is offered along with reasonably priced hot breakfast options. Convienent location with an attentive front desk staff. I found my stay to be comfortable and I will return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Travel4Fun,

It was delightful to read you review, so complementary, just what we strive to provide for every one of our guests!

Thank you for your kind words and please ask for me the next time you stay with us!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Inn at Gig Harbor on several different occasions and it has always been a great experience. The staff is great from the minute you walk in. The front desk staff is always very welcoming and have made all my stays enjoyable from the very beginning. Check in always very fast. The rooms are always very clean and spacious. The restaurant is absolutely amazing, both the food and the staff. I always recommend my family and friends to stay at the Inn at Gig Harbor when they are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wonderful to read you kind words, thank you for taking the time to write to us. Nothing pleases me more than to know all aspects of your stay was enjoyable.

I would love to meet you next time you visit us, please ask for me!
Lakewood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am one of four ladies that stayed here to plan our next co-op school year. Very nice accomodations. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. We were provided a room with a large table upon our request at the last minute. The staff was very professional and friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast with great service. An extra perk was going down to the Harbor (just minutes away) and walking through all of the lovely shops for a much needed break. Parking was crowded because of an event going on but the staff quickly assisted us so we did not even have to worry about it. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
What a great idea to get away to plan for the coming year for your co-op school year! I am always so grateful for the effort our staff makes to "wow" our guests and then is acknowledged--we truly love the hospitality business here at The INN at Gig Harbor.

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us how satisfied you were during your stay here.

I would love to meet you next time you stay with us!
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday & Saturday night on the 3rd floor.
Pros: good parking, easy to find. Comfy beds & decent sized room.
Cons: shower and tile really needed to be cleaned. Found male hair under the covers- there is no reason for that when you are paying over $150 a night for a room!
Ambience was good, I really liked the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Mona Sarrensen, General Manager, The INN at Gig Harbor

Dear Fast 72.
I am pleased you found our parking convenient, room large and comfortable bed.
I went and personally inspected the room you stayed in. The bath tub had an accumulation of minerals which we found a solution for. It would be unacceptable to have a bathtub that was not perceived as clean.
Thank you for caring enough to give us the opportunity to be aware of your experience.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The location, although not on the water, was very close the charming town of Gig Harbor. The deciding factor for you to stay at this hotel is the entire experience yet with special emphasis on the staff. Customer service is number one and that's hard to find at hotel anymore. The staff are exceptional and management is top-notch. I dined a couple times at the restaurant and the food was amazing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Mona Sarrensen General Manager, The INN at Gig Harbor

We are so happy you chose to stay with us when you come to Gig Harbor to visit family. The suites are spacious and we often hear about how good the cuisine is in our restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how pleased you were with your visit and look forward to seeing you again; and we would be happy to assist you in making a reservation in our spa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We have family in the area, and have stayed at the Inn twice. Each time we had a large suite, great amenities, and delicious inroom coffee befitting of The Seattle area. This trip, our grandchildren visited for 2nights, and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating! Did I mention the amazing breakfasts? Delicious! The airport shuttle stops right at the door, making getting to and from the hotel a breeze! Next time, we're planning to try the spa! Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so perfect!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mona Sarrensen, General Manager, The INN at Gig Harbor

It was such a pleasure to read your review! Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us how exceptional our service was, we take great pride in serving our guests well. We are frequently told how good our restaurant is and how convenient the hours are; 7am-9pm. We look forward to having your back!

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!