“Great view without any arys” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hoh Humm Ranch Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Hoh Humm Ranch Bed & Breakfast
You added Hoh Humm Ranch Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
171763 Highway 101, Forks, WA 98331   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Forks B&B and Inns
Forks
“Great view without any arys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

Well I just had a wonderful time. Big farm breakfest, lots of animals, and great views. Older couple running it just like your grandparents home.

• Liked — Animals, view, owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

The birds and animals were marvelous to gaze at and talk to. The ranch’s scenery in back of their house was breathtaking. I was thrilled to discover this place’s website -- a llama ranch with cattle, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, chickens, on and on! Wow! I’ll forgive almost anything to be in the company of animals. Yup. I don’t like to have to write a review like this one.

The B&B is the farmhouse in which the host elderly couple live. Okay, ranchers don’t put their money into the house, but rather into the animals. But from the outside the house looked -- what? -- insubstantial, slapped-together. I walked in the door and almost choked: every horizontal surface was littered with more clutter than I think I’ve ever seen anywhere. Every construction aspect of the house that I observed was old, cheap, not quite anything you’d want to look at.

More than two months prior when making my two-weekday-night reservations, I had specifically requested by email a room where I could look out at animals. The room I was shown faced the road, power lines, old unused equipment, and overgrown, untended grass, and there was an odd chemical odor in the room. I was told no other room was available. Well, okay, whatever -- the farm’s surrounding scenery was truly beautiful, and there were animals.

At 6:00PM I went to my room -- and found I couldn’t breathe in there. The chemical odor had gotten stronger. The host told me she had noticed it in the morning when changing the room. I asked why the window and door were closed tightly and the room hadn't been aired out. No reply! At 7:00PM they began airing out the room with a large fan -- to no avail. At 8:30PM I visited the room, and told them I could not breathe in that room. I said I would sleep in my car. Although they should know how cold it gets there at night, even in August, no one offered me a blanket and I didn’t know I would freeze during the night. I spent most of the night gazing at the amazing stars and counting shooting stars. I slept no more than about an hour.

In the morning, NEITHER HOST APOLOGIZED or even smiled. They just told me they wouldn’t charge me for the night since I hadn’t used the room. No kidding!

I did stay the second night because I was doing local sightseeing (convenience) and because I really wanted to spend time with the animals. They gave me ta-da! a clean-smelling room looking out at the animals and the expansive scenery. That room was on the back side of the house and off a full-length old porch -- mostly covered in bird droppings (even the chairs on the porch were covered in bird droppings) so I never went out on the porch. Didn’t trust the look of the deteriorated wood slats anyway.

The second floor of the house contains five guest bedrooms and one bathroom which all the guests share. Kind but firm assertive behavior is the only key to success there.

On the main floor, blaring out through the endless clutter, was a huge TV and major sound system, going morning, noon and evening very loudly. The communal breakfast area was in the path of that noise, and I didn't stay for their “full farm breakfast” because I couldn’t stand spending time in what was a stuffy, airless and noisy place.

I was so disappointed about most of this adventure, and I will never go back there.

• Liked — Animals, wild birds, scenery.
  • Disliked — Hosts, house, odors, noise, clutter, dirt, 1 bathroom for 5 bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hoh Humm Ranch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!