“Needs a good fix up and editing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Misty Valley Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Misty Valley Inn B&B
You added Misty Valley Inn B&B to your Saves list
194894 Highway-101, Forks, WA 98331   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Forks B&B and Inns
Orangeville ON
“Needs a good fix up and editing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Misty Valley Inn in July 2012. Our experience was very similar to KatCon1 .. especially the room, TV, and breakfast part. We also did not have the owners and the attending staff was somewhat standoffish ... definitely not what you would expect at a bed and breakfast. The kitchen was a DISASTER area. The whole place is sort of run down ... stuck in the 90's era. There is clutter everywhere. We stayed in the Irish room. In the room, there wasn't a surface that didn't have some knickyknack thing on it so it was difficult to find space to put your stuff. I admire the idea of themed rooms, but it was a bit of overkill. It was clean enough but a little musty smelling. The breakfast was also not the best we've tasted. Very rich a/o sweet. We apreciated the coffee and baked goods ... definitely a nice touch. There is only one TV in the place ... a large TV in the family room area. We were told it was first come / first serve ... but since the staff was already draped all over the furniture watching their show ... we did not feel comfortable intruding. Not that we really wanted to watch TV anyway :-). The setting and the grounds were nice ... a bit overgrown and neglected ... but we enjoyed looking at the various plants and at the valley below. The setting is also VERY quiet which is a definite plus. We were not disturbed by any of the other guests and actually had an enjoyable converstation with them at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MI98331, Owner at Misty Valley Inn B&B, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at Misty Valley Inn while we were on vacation. The staff that waited on you while we were gone are no longer employed by Misty Valley Inn. We have recently remodeled the TV area and Dutch room and hope that you might give us another try sometime in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Orleans, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had the same experience as KatCon1. The place was clean and the rooms were comfortable but the staff left behind while the owners were out of town were not capable of handling the place. Upon arrival we were told "Do you want coffee delivered to your room? We offer it but you don't have to have it." Like that makes me feel welcome! I felt as though I was imposing on the staff. The TV area seemed like a personal den and as a guest I did not feel welcome to relax there. After breakfast, the dirty dishes remained in the sink all day (I went into the kitchen at 10pm and they were still there). I asked one of the staffers how I could contact her and she said "I guess you can come knock on my door." I was appalled there was way for me to contact her on a cell number in case of emergency. The water in the hot tub also smelled old and stale.

I do wish we had been able to experience the service described in earlier reviews. I will say that the rooms were very clean and nice amenities were available like toiletry products and bath salts.

The decor leads a little to be wanted. There are doilies and dolls as decor and it reminded me a little of my grandmother's house. That being said, this is Forks, WA and not a modern urban setting.

The location was perfect for visiting most of Olympic Park. The back porch also has a beautiful view.

Bottom Line: Would I stay here again? If the owners were present, yes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MI98331, Owner at Misty Valley Inn B&B, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay at Misty Valley Inn. The staff members who severed you during your stay and our absence are no longer working for Misty Valley Inn. We have just completed some remodeling to update parts of our facility. We hope that sometime in the future you will give us another try if you again visit the area.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Forks does not have much in the way of choice for clean, reputable lodging (and food) establishments so for the area this B&B is a good choice.  My partner and I however did not have a great experience, but that can largely be attributed to the absence of the owners, who were replaced by a couple of young staff ill-trained to host guests.

On arrival our first impressions were awkward - we felt as though we were putting the girl out as she was obviously more busy on the phone and watching tv.  The afternoon tea and cakes laid out in the dining room was a nice touch, but our dirty dishes sat on the side for hours.

We found it strange that the B&B requests guests to pre-order breakfast the night before, meaning we had to guess what we would feel like eating and at what time and then set an alarm.  As it turned out the alarm was unnecessary as we were annoyingly woken up pretty early by the room opposite us having a morning tray delivered rather loudly!  The breakfast choice for us was too rich; all but one of the options was sweet and the mushroom omelette was covered in a rich sauce, so looking for something lighter I asked if I could just have scrambled eggs - and the response I received to that made me feel as though I had seriously put the girl out! Worse still, when we finally got the breakfast in the morning my toast was cold and eggs were so over-cooked I left them.  The two girls were pretty clueless and I declined the offer for them to 'try again', as by then I just wanted to start our day.  The breakfast would have seriously benefitted from fresh fruit and some lighter, savoury options.  The stewed apple and scones we were given were also far too sweet and lots of cream out of a can covered the dishes.  If you want pancakes or waffles then you would be well-suited.

We stayed in the Irish room.  The sheets were soft and comfortable, but I was disappointed by a few things.  Firstly there was no TV or alarm clocks, the TV in the 'communal' area was huge but being constantly watched by the staff so it don't feel like a guest amenity and I felt like I was walking into their space. Our room also had very thin walls so I could hear people sneezing and flushing the toilet in the neighbouring English room. There was also a slight damp smell from the sink area which was part of the bedroom space.

In summary, I think a lot of our experience was clouded by the staff on duty at the time who were ill-equipped to be left in charge of hosting guests.  Had the breakfast been more accommodating and service better so we felt more welcome I would have rated higher.  I think we certainly overpaid for what we received.

• Stayed September 2012
We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy you stay at Misty Valley Inn. The staff members who severed you during your stay and our absence are no longer working for Misty Valley Inn. I would like to address a few of your other concerns, however. We offer you a choice of six freshly prepared breakfast dishes each morning and some of the dishes take over an hour to prepare so I sure you would not want to wait at the breakfast table for the preparation time so we ask for your order the night before. We give you choices while many bed and breakfasts don’t. Also since Rachel is a dietitian she can accommodate any special diets that are requested. Since we do a morning wake up tray with your choice of beverage, there is no need for alarm clocks to be ringing in the sleeping areas. I hope that you might give another try on your next visit to the area.
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Most comfortable bed and sheets I've ever slept! wonderful service and great breakfast. The owner and his wife are really friendly and attentative. We wish we could stay longer and had a chance to sit in the hot tub with great mountain view. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Perfect romantic getaway.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here overnight to cover the Olympic National Park. I really wanted to stay at a B&B because of the experience-being from London, I feel these are more cozy and friendlier! And I was not wrong! Rachael and Jim were fantastic from the time of booking till we left.

It was also my birthday whilst staying here-my husband had managed to organize a cake for me-baked by Rachael and hid it in the armoire so that I would have no idea. I absolutely loved it!! It looked beautiful and was yummy!!

Back to the B&B..We had difficulty finding it as I forgot to read the directions and our TomTom GPS had the house numbers all wrong. So we had to keep Jim up till really late due to our diversion. We finally made it and he was standing outside with a flashlight to direct us in. He then settled us in and discussed our breakfast options before we retired for bed. Even at such a late hour we were offered refreshments, use of the Hot Tub etc. What a great welcome.

In the morning it was a treat to receive coffee in bed! What a fantastic start to my birthday! We then headed towards the dining room and Jim got started on my Apple Souffle and let me tell you it melted in my mouth! Absolutely divine. My husband had the Moroccan omelette which he loved too. Whilst we were waiting for the main dishes to arrive we were served spiced pear (yummy) and a freshly baked muffin.

It was a real treat to stay here and our hosts were wonderful. The B&B is well maintained and cared for. Was really clean and staff was attentive. The actual location of the B&B was amazing too...Wish we could have spent more time here but this birthday I won't be forgetting in a rush!

Thanks so much Jim and Rachael!

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful-they were open in the morning and each as wonderful as the next!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you come to Forks this is imperative to stay in. These people really care for their guests and offer a lot of convenience, knowledge and comfort! What a great stay - we would go there always again. They made us feel just like home.

Middle River, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our friends and we arrived to be greeted with chocolate cake, lemon bars and brownies. Can't get much better than that. We were given a tour of the lovely house and the serene grounds. Our rooms were wonderful and then to be given a choice of six different options for breakfast was amazing. The breakfast was so abundant that we ended up skipping lunch. Rachel suggested we use their binoculars as we were going hiking to Cape Flattery where there have been spottings of whales. And what do you know? Yes, we saw a grey whale from the last lookout plus a puffin. This was such a wonderful experience and we have stayed at other B&B's so we can say this has to be at the top of our list. Our only regret is that we only stayed two days because there was so much to see and being with Rachel and Jim was like being at home with family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Misty Valley Inn B&B? Share your experiences!