“Nothing like the smell of smokers.” 1 of 5 stars

Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5700 Pacific Hwy E, Fife, WA 98424   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Fife
Bellingham, Washington
“Nothing like the smell of smokers.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is truly one of the worst that I have every stayed at. My girlfriend and I were staying here because she was working at the Puyallup Gun Show and we were going to two concerts that weekend. When we arrived the first thing we noticed was the smoke in the casino. I should add that in an ex smoker and I quit 7 years ago. I'm also a resident of the state of Washington and I voted against 901! I am all for individual freedom but it should be up to the facilities that allow smoking to make sure that it's not disgusting!!! The smell was on our clothes for a week and they don't seem to care. I will NEVER go or stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friend and I got tickets to the MMA fight at the EQC and got a room as well. I have stayed here several times before and the rooms are nothing fancy but they are always clean and updated with 42 inch LG flat screens with HD. We had some other friends meet us in the room since the rooms are pretty good sized and a good place to watch the Mariners game and have some drinks before the fight. Once the time rolled around we caught the shuttle to the big casino and watched the fights. Came back, checked in for our comps, played for two hours, got our comps and ate a feast fit for a king. The staff is always nice and friendly just wish I could win more often on the slots. ;P I will be back here again for a future MMA fight night with friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Terrible experience from start to finish. This hotel should have a 1 star rating. Rooms are dirty staff is unfriendly and the area is very sketchy. Will never stay again! Security is very unprofessional, it is clear that they are used to working in a bad area and treat guest like potential criminals rather then guests.

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Unfortunately, almost every aspect of the Emerald Queen includes less than adequate staff: hotel , restaurant, casino, valet, to name a few. The only staff that I found pleasant and helpful us the security personnel. The other primary issue is cigarette smoke. My hotel room smelled of smoke and it is necessary to walk through smokey gaming area to teach restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014
southeast, alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

was with my parents and sister , was very friendly and helpful staff, they gave us tips to make our stay better, too get the most of our time.the restaurant upstairs was the best, and open late. Just make sure to check in before playing and out after two hours to get you $20 voucher and take a break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We traveled from Canada down to the casino for a weekend concert and had booked months in advance. Our King room was a VERY smelly 'NON-SMOKING' room. When we complained, we were told it was from the casino smoke below, but the hallway and adjoining room did not smell. Staff were friendly but would do nothing and subsequent emails to management have been ignored. Never again will we stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and stayed here for New Year's 2013. The suite itself was nice and included a lot toiletries but that is where it ended. The nonsmokers room reeked of stale smoke. At one point all the rooms were smoking rooms,so the smell lingers. You walk into the front door and are instantly bombarded with the smell. T

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!