“Cannot breathe!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Fife
Globe, Arizona
“Cannot breathe!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Attending a reunion in a suite upstairs in the hotel. Walking through the casino to get to elevators, the smoke was extremely severe. I am tolerant of smokers and have been to casinos before, but this one is beyond anything I have ever experienced, (or tried to breathe). The smoke is not just in the casino, it's in the elevators and in the hotel hallways. Anyone with a breathing condition should reconsider coming here. Running eyes were rampant, we were sharing eye drop remedies. The stench is still in my nose after a shower and it's in our belongings. I don't see how the air quality folks let this place remain open. Besides the dangerously unhealthy air quality, the property is just plain seedy and I did not feel safe walking through the parking structure. All that being said, our interactions with hotel facilities personnel was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Union Gap, Wa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Emerald Queen Casino and Hotel and it was ok. Clean rooms, Good food in the snack bar, Nice sitting area by the pool. You have to ask for a fridge and microwave when making a reservation if you want one in your room. Pool was alittle dirty but otherwise it was nice. They also have a small but nice exercise room. The Casino was sort of old and the slots were extremely tight but we still had a decent visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave when making your reservation if you need or require one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Ideal place for chain smokers! Horrible smell of cigarettes the moment you enter the premise. Non-smoking room still was choked with cigarette stench...Worst place we have ever stayed! They should do something about the bad stench.

• Stayed August 2013
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

this place just oozes smoke everywhere. Our room was on a no-smoking floor but you couldn't tell. The casino is so smoky that I cannot believe all of the employees are going to get sick! The water barely comes out of the shower head and you walk away from this place feeling dirty! What we thought would be a fun time turned out gross. We couldn't even think about going into the casino because of the amount of smoke. Only smokers should stay here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is just beyond NASTY! The entire place smells so bad from the overwhelming billowing smoke. This hotel was built maybe 7 years ago yet the furnishing are minimalist and straight out of the 80's! The 15' tv's are thick bulky CRT's ..... No flat screen's here! The bedspreads have stains all over them and smell so badly from the smoke (and this was supposed to be a non-smoking room!) They show table games available on their website but what they don't mention is that this location only has slot machines and to play blackjack, craps, roulette, etc you have to travel 6 miles south to their "sister" property! I asked for another room that truly was NON SMOKING and the front desk employee told me that no matter what room they give me the smoke still seems to be noticeable as it comes from the ventilation system in the Casino! I was so disgusted by this place....NEVER AGAIN! NEVER! This is a smokers heaven...and for everyone else.....prepared for everything you bring with you into this hotel to reak of cigarette smoke when you leave! We had to wash everything twice and scrub ourselves and I mean scrub to get the stench off!

We ate at the "Pacific Rim Buffet" and the employees were really nice however; the asian food on the steam tables in the buffet was not piping hot or hot at all for that matter. It was lukewarm and in some cases room temperature; most certainly the food was not being held at a safe temperatures to serve. I stuck to the Prime Rib, mashed potatoes and peas which was actually pretty good! My partner had the shrimp fried rice, something that resembled orange chicken and an egg roll all of which were "cold" as in not at all warm. He ate a few bites and it was just gross food! In any case we let our server know the food was not being held at a safe temperature and she offered to get something else for him but we were just over it and we left shortly after dinner. Both of us ended up with stomach aches and everything that goes with it and within two hours that food was out of us one way or another. Still feeling gross and disgusted by our experience so though I would write a review on tripadvisor and hopefully save others from making the bad choice we made to stay and eat here! I plan on following up with a complaint to the health inspector however; I'm not sure they are able to look into this since this is a hotel/casino on tribal land. If I could give this place zero stars I would!

Room Tip: Even "non-smoking" rooms at this hotel smell like stale cigarette smoke courtesy of the po...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were going to a concert at the Emerald Queen so we had thought might as well stay at the hotel the concert was at. We weren't told that the hotel and the concert were at different locations. We requested a non smoking room and when we first got in it was horrible - we were able to air it out. Went to the concert, when we came back it was a little more smokey. Once I was to bed I was awake every 1/2 hour wondering how to get it to be less smokey. At 3am woke up wondering if I should just go sleep in my car. Worst night ever. Would be best if there was just a hotel entrance without having to walk thru the casino. Our two bags of clothing once home immediately went in the washer - even if we didn't wear it everything stunk!
Totally enjoyed the concert - will stay somewhere else if we go to anything there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you are not a smoker you probably don't want to stay at the Emerald Queen. I had the unfortunate experience of staying there because all the Hilton properties in the area were sold out. $119 a night and my first room was on the second floor which opens to the casino floor. It was a non-smoking room but i am pretty sure it is impossible to keep the smoke off the second floor. I called down after i noticed that my bed sheets were stained and they sent up the housekeeping manager. When she arrived I asked about the smoke and she said she couldn't tell "because I work here". Meaning the entire place reeks of smoke so she couldn't even tell anymore. She offered to get me another room which was on the 3rd floor and it was much better but I still noticed the smoke smell the entire time I was there. I had a drink on the 4th floor restaurant bar and the bartender was extremely friendly. The rest of the staff I interacted with was not so friendly, checking out not even a smile from the front desk person. I checked out and plan to stay at Hotel Murano tonight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!