“Not bad for a last minute choice” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Fife
“Not bad for a last minute choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Busy area of Fife, but the price was right even with many hotels booked. Rooms were older but kept up. The front desk was efficient and immensely helpful, even though she was slammed busy and had impatient, rather rude people checking in. Close to fast good and shopping (and a casino), so overall, not bad for a one night stopover :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This stay was absolutely excellent. I had a terrible day to begin with and ended up booking this motel. When I walked into the lobby I was greeted with a smile. The front desk clerk was extremely nice and her service helped make my day a million times better. The room that I was checked into had a comfortable bed. To my liking, this motel had many different cable channels. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. It was just enough to start my day. I would definitely check back into this motel and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have stayed at different travelodge's before but this one isn't the greatest, room was very musty smelling, room was not cleaned properly, cont. breakfast is terrible conpared to others, not worth the cheap price, book somewhere else

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Acton, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you're looking for the more modern type of motel such as Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn, then you might not be happy staying here as this motel is quite worn and out of date as far as furnishings go, but it was clean, quiet, and had a simple but adequate continental breakfast that was included in the cost. And you'd be hard pressed to find a clean motel for this price! The staff was very friendly and accommodating...kinda a 'down home' type of atmosphere. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator to the second floor, so be sure to ask for a room on the first floor if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

While I wasn't expecting much at the Travelodge in Fife, after reading the reviews. But decided to give it a try anyways, as the price was right, and it was near where I wanted to be.

What a mistake that was. Upon driving into the hotel, there were unsavory charactors hanging around, but went ahead and checked in anyways, assuming the things would be OK on the 3rd floor. So off we headed to the room. Upon dragging our stuff up the stairs (no elevators), and entering the room... we nearly gagged. It smelled of smoke, and years of neglect.

The AC didn't help much. And if that wasn't bad enough, one bed was like a sponge and the other was like a rock. Oh joy. But the final blow was the bathroom, where we found public hair and other disgusting stuff. Given we both were feeling bad by that point, we decide to look around the area for a better hotel. Which we found.

So upon checking in at the Days Inn, we headed back to the Travelodge to retrieve our possessions and check out. At which point the night Manager refunded to refund us for the first night, saying once we checked in, she wasn't authorized to refund us that night. But she did refund us for the 2nd night.

In summery, I would recommend against staying at the Travelodge, as there are much better options in the area. GOOD LUCK!

Room Tip: If you do stay there, stay on the 3rd floor.... away from the drug dealers and women of the night wh...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
travelodgefife, General Manager at Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
First of all I apologize for your inconvenience for going up third floor I assure you we will try our best to accomodate you in future Starting immidiately we will not rent room until headhousekeeper has checked the room and your response to street people I guarantee you that after june 28 th 2012 there will be no more people hanging around since the owners of hometel inn very old property of 116 rooms is closing down that was right behind me and making it a rv lot.So there fore I hope you will give me another chance WE have refundedthe full amount once again I am really sorry that you felt this way thanks Management at Travelodge FIfe
Vernon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The staff are very nice taking their leadrship from the wonderful manager. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was fresh and filling with a good variety. The city bus stop is right out front. The Kingdom and restaraunts are close and easily located. We found a great rate when we stayed there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I would have enjoyed a better AC unit however, the tv cable channels, and the room was quite peaceful. The pricing was a bit more than I expected for the quality but it did the job. I like how the police were there in the night to ensure that your car is safe. And I commend the hotel for having a camera surveillance system to watch throughout the night. One last thing, the water temperatures were hot throughout showering but it would get hotter to the point when my skin could burn and I would have to constantly adjust the water. Overall, decent experience.

Room Tip: Ensure that you request a refrigerator, internet, and a microwave. But be aware that if the power go...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA? Share your experiences!