“TERRIBLE QUALITY + TERRIBLE MANAGERIAL (SHAWN) = PLAESE DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Fife
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

For the 1st time I stayed at Travelodge in FIfe. I thought I was getting a good weekened special deal I went thru expedia. I got to hotel walked in lobby where it was not clean. Smelled like cigerette smke. I did hve a pleasant exp with the receptionist I believe her name was Navi. She gave me my scheduled rm key to a quuensize rm. As I walked in I was terrified and frustrated. The Carpet had not been vacuumed, there were coffee stain drips on wall, there was a STAINED ring around the tub and the heater did not wrk. Understanding my aggravation the front desk concierge did apologize had the maintenance man go try to fix heater and she upgraded me to a 2 queen double bed.(which I would say was cleaner & a little better). The next day I checked out no way I would stay longer then 1nght. Next morning went to check out n the general manager (Shawn) says to me your the one that is causing me to raise my prices from now on to $63.99 for a queenbed. He said he will never allow expedia,travelocity, priceline rent his rooms that low again he proceeded to tell me that I should not of got an upgrade that I only paid $39 for that rm & I should b happy wit wht I got. I began to tell him it is not my fault that expedia lowered the price of his room that cheap that is betwn him and them I'm just a customer being excited about getting the deal but I should not have to stay in filth just because i recieved a deal from expeida. He began to tell me that I stold from him by upgrading to his 2 queens for no additional and that i did not deserve to have a better room. If i wanted a better room I should of paid for it.(being honest the room was only bigger ot that better) I told him for more money charge he must have better quality and a better attitude with it and i will never come back and that no one should have to go thru this from any hotel stay. I will write a review and speak to the corporate of travelodge which I have already drawn up legal papers concerning his action. PLEASE DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS DRAMA. YOU CAN BID ON A 3star Hotel thru priceline as cheap as $40 a night. you deserve better class! Thanks Tye)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

While the motel is average by most standards, and caters to truck drivers as well as other travelers, the service is quite good. The manager, Mr. Shawn, takes special care of each guest. If you make a request, he does his best to see that it is taken care of.
We've stayed here more than once in three years, and never get disappointed.
Ask for no-smoking...OK!
Breakfast has super good large cupcakes.
Computer available for guests on a first come first served basis.
Free up-to-date local newspapers.
I recommend a stay here...especially if you are looking for economy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tacoma, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

They welcome you. They pay attention to your needs. Any special reqests are considered, espeially honoring our special parking requirement. All is done with a genuine smile. Thanks for the good service

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fife, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I stay at the Travel lodge in Fife 2-3 times a month and have never had any problems with front desk or anything there.
front desk manager(shawn) has always been very very helpful.
I will continue to use this hotel.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

after reading some previous reviews on this place I can't understand why anyone could have problems here.Not to happy about the seedy motel behind this inn but had no problems or noise from the tenants.Our bed was comfortable, the room very clean and the staff excellent :).close to casino $6 by cab ,also a decent continental breakfast. price per rooms reasonable. I would stay here again on my next trip

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I was very pleased with everything at this Travelodge. The room was very nice. The staff was very kind and helpful. Free wifi. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable place to stay in Tacoma or Fife.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Travelodge on May 1st for the night. We were in town for a concert at the Tacoma Dome. Check-in was fast. The gal checking us in didn't provide any additional information such as check-out time or about the continental breakfast. We had a king bed on the 2nd floor. The room is small but does have a mini-fridge, microwave and adequate shower (however the water temp did have a mind of its own a few times). The view out of your window is of a run-down hotel that they appear to be renovating. Lots of light coming in though! We actually liked the bed. We slept fine all night. The only noises we heard were ppl walking around above us in the late afternoon..otherwise..nothing else. The hotel has plenty of things around it for food/drinks. We drove about a mile away for dinner at the Emerald Queen Casino in Fife. Great buffet! After the concert we had some drinks at Freddie's Club right behind the hotel. Yummy and enjoyable. We felt safe during our entire visit at the hotel. Easy to get to the highway and the Tacoma Dome. The hotel also provided us w/ a card to a cheap taxi service to the Dome. Overall I would stay here again for the night b/c it's so cheap.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA? Share your experiences!