“YUCK” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5805 Pacific Hwy East, Fife, WA 98424 (Formerly Royal Coachman Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Fife
Aberdeen, Washington
“YUCK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went to a show across the street at the Casino and the Casino Hotel was booked and recommended this dive. Wasn't expecting fancy but was hoping for somewhat clean and safe. The parking lot was skechy looked as if it is one of those places that people live in, not travelers. The lobby was nice but the rooms were anything but. The grounds were dirty. The room was busted up and gross. The bathroom door lock was on backwards so that it could be locked from the outside. We slept in our clothes and did not feel safe at all. We would have left but wanted to go to the show and have some drinks and we live a few hours a way. We figured we would make the best of it. The next morning we could not wait to get out of there. As I was showering I looked up and saw a METH /CRACK PIPE in the light fixture. Totally grossed out for the entire day. They did refund my money for the room and were polite about that.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kelowna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A great place for overnight stop when travelling on I.5. Between Seattle and Tacoma, and right opposite the Emerald Queen Casino, with its good range of dining. Front office staff very pleasant and efficient. Breakfast included, and better than many found at roadside hotels.

Room Tip: A room towards the back, to avoid possibility of traffic noise from I.5 Interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed one night here recently and were not at all impressed by this place. Check in was VERY slow. When we did get to our room, the message light was flashing so we tried to contact the front desk. Phone did not work so I walked over only to be told that it was likely a message or the previous guest as he did not see anything for me - this after a casual glance around the desk. Regarding the phone, I told him that I had dialed 0 and nothing happened. The answer to that was " Oh, that usually works"!! When we left, the message light was still flashing and the phone still did not work.

The person on the front desk recommended a family restaurant nearby for dinner. Luckily I checked it on my Ipad as it was out of business. We ended up eating at the casino across the road and got a reasonable meal there but not what we wanted. However, I do feel the staff should know what is available for guests nearby.

Room was semi-clean but in bad need of minor repairs, removal of marks from walls and door frames etc.

Breakfast the usual for this type of place.

I was glad to leave and will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Fife hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in the Royal Coachman Inn & Suites from Thursday, September 12 - Sunday, September 15, 2013 for the passing of my Uncle. I always always read reviews and look at the on-line pics. It looked clean and updated. It offered a hot breakfast in the morning and a supposed shuttle service to local attractions including the airport.. Hot Breakfast? Yes... Shuttle service? NO!! (Which I purposely booked for this service. I had an early flight on Sunday and did not want to in-convenience my family members for a 3:30 am flight!) When I checked in, the front desk clerk alerted me that the police are called often to this hotel. Due to people leaving their small children in the rooms to gamble at the casino across the street! When I walked into my room it had a funky smell and the dresser/nightstand was peeling off the varnish!! The bed was hard and when they clean your room, they leave at least 3 room doors wide open at the same time with the maid in 1 of the rooms. (Therefore anyone could go into your room and she wouldn't know!) When I asked about the Shuttle service that the website offered. The front desk clerk said that the website was inactive!!? What?! I booked from there!! Definitely would not EVER stay there or recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here when, unaccountably, every hotel in King County and beyond seemed to be full. It is conveniently situated opposite the Emerald Queen Casino. Painted a dull beige, the exterior looks tired and the walkways and parking areas are very dirty. Looks like they are never washed down. However, the rooms seem to have been recently refurbished, are a good size and comfortable. Our air-conditioning was quiet. Free breakfast is good, although the cooked part was sausage patties and omelet every day of the five days we were there. It is also far too small for the numbers staying. There is a guest laundry.
Not sure I understand the comment about the place being locked - the block we were in had direct stair access to the carpark and they were all interconnected via walkways. Also, the rule about food in rooms wasn't enforced. The staff were kept very busy - reception seemed to do everything from checking in and out to replenishing the breakfast bar. very pleasant though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Battle Ground, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending an event in town. The room was satisfactory, the beds were comfortable. The room was very hot and the old box air conditioner struggled to put out some cool air. The free breakfast was a nice perk, but the breakfast room was extremely small and crowded. It is posted all over that you are not to remove any food to take to your room. Overall it was a good value for one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights while in the Seattle area. The place is pretty nice and the staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast room was a bit small and the parking lot gets crowded, but I would likely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!