“Shady Place in Fife, WA” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Fife
Martinez
“Shady Place in Fife, WA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Next to the Highway and convenient but in the bad neighborhood. Police cars running around 24/7. Non-smoking room = Smoke filled rooms. Please find another place to stay. Don't think about going out for dinner in the neighborhood. You may end up at a mortuary. Low budget but you also may want a reasonable place to stay and live to see the next day. The moment you pull up to the hotel parking lot, you may sense it.
Please check my other reviews. I do not write bad reviews.

Room Tip: No good rooms. Cheaply managed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place is not too bad for the price of the rooms. It's a good place to stay. Everything was working in the room fine, no complaints. The front desk people were understanding with finding me a room, non-smoking queen. Although the room somewhat smelled like smoke, it wasn't that big of a deal. It didn't bother me. I would make a trip here again and recommend it for people with a lower budget trying to save money. I am a student and needed to stay close to my college, so this place was near by and cheap. With a student budget, the service and room was fine. It isn't a five star motel, but for what it is, it's good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

First I have no complaints for the staff but the property itself was a nightmare. When people are living in the rooms you realize that there may be a problem. We saw open drug deals in the parking lot, prostitution as men came and went in the rooms. Do not take your families here! Hair dryer didn't work. Very old tv with about 5 channels and just down right scary. The smell from the trash was terrible outside of the rooms. NEVER AGAIN! Also had to get the keys fixed about 5 times.I will be calling the BBB and the Fife police just to check out the hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is the best tip I can give you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Checked in 2-22-2013, lost our reservation, had to wait, then our room didn't have working t.v.'s, so we switched rms, then that room didn't have t.v. and 2wasn't clean, then she had us move again and the room had heavy smoke smell even though they guaranteed a smoke free rm, the fridge was missing, several lights didn't work, 1 t.v didn't work, there was trash piled up in the walkways, we found a dirty napkin and food crumbs in the hide-a-way bed, it was NASTY! Worst hotel expereince ever. The hotel owner also asked us if we took a blanket upon checking out...I told her to come to the room with me to prove I didn't take anything from her nasty hotel- the maid said "oh I found it". We would NEVER stay here agin. People were lined up complaining as we were checking out! Dominoes woldn't even deliver, they said the crime was too high near and at the hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The hotel was filthy, loud and had horrible customer service.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

There was evidence the door had been kicked in before, we only had one working outlet (one lamp & one charging phone), & the worst part of all was that we got wet from the mattress!!! The staff had covered a wet mattress stain with clean sheets & my husband & I woke up wet with some mystery fluid on us. DISGUSTING!!!!!! Do NOT stay here! The pictures online are lies!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

They had some sort of infestation and had mattresses piled up in the breezeway as well as couches, chairs and other furniture piled in parking spaces. They made a mistake and gave me a sweet by the pool but the electronic key wouldn't open the door. I went back to the front desk where a manager that had arrived discovered the error and put me in another room. The manager didn't even know if the room was clean and asked another employee to go with me to the room which I waited for him outside in my car for 30 Min's. I then left to the room without him and it not only hadn't been cleaned but my electronic key failed again to open the door. I had to go back to the front desk where they made me wait in line for two other customers before they gave me any help. I had to get mad and demand my money back before they even gave me any notice at all. I had booked this Inn on hotels choice a month in advance. The Room that they were going to put me in at the last was across from a parking area for Semi-Trucks that sat with engines running all night long. This place is a total dump.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bridget K, Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in our dedication to serving you better. We strive to make our guests stay a positive experience and for their comfort we recently embarked on getting new beds and furniture. We would like to add that this was not from a result of any infestation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This is ridculous!!! From start to finish it has been a nightmare. I called to make a reservation for 2 rooms with 2 double beds. I had a gift card from my father and when I called I was told I could not use it to make reservations but I could to pay for the room. Well that was fine but she treated me like I was stupid and just down right rude! I got my confirmation email with my total and everything. Thank goodness I printed it out because when I got there to check in they quoted me $60 more than what my email said!!! Also they didn't know how to use a gift card! I waited for over 20 minutes just to get check in. When they tried to charge me for the rooms I showed them my email and thank goodness they honored that price or I would have flipped! Once I finally got our keys we went to our rooms and oh my! We got 2 non smoking rooms and for 1 our rooms were on complete opposite sides if the hotel which was so inconvenient because with kids going between rooms was extremely scary! And for 2 our rooms smelled strongly of smoke! We walked in and was automatically hit with the overwhelming smell. We had to leave the door and windows open to try as air it out. It didn't help that the staff was smoking outside my room. These rooms were so cramped. With 4 people in the room it was like we were stepping on each others toes. We walked into the bathroom and it smelled like urine and the bathtub wa cracked. Our clock, microwave, and lights weren't plugged in so we had to go around and plug everything in. In the 2 room it was just as bad plus the bathroom door wouldnt stay closed! We will never stay in this hotel again! We will never recommend it or anything. If I could stay somewhere else and get my money back I would!!! DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
SSTGM, Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Rodeway, and we are sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at Rodeway. We will keep your feedback in mind as we improve those aspects of your stay that were negative, and hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

-Rodeway Inn Management

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!