“birthday stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ferndale
canada
“birthday stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

this is the second time we have stayed at the silver reef !!!! love it. the rooms are very nice and clean and use great produts to bath with and shampoo hair mmmmmm.... smells good.parking for overnight stay is great.,someone is always patrolling the lot,very safe. The casino floor is nice,large and clean. we had the seafood buffet and everyone enjoyed it !!! the next morning my husband and I used our coupons at the cantina for some yummies with coffee,very goooood :) overall we love the place :)

Room Tip: we stayed on the 6th foor room 622 overlooks the front enterance and waterfall
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi Chwkgirl,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your latest stay with us. We value your opinion and we are happy to hear that your stay was a very good one. Great tip that you offer future guests!

We hope to see you very soon!

Armstrong, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

First off, Kudos to Peggy, a server, in the restaurant. She was extremely pleasant, funny and helpful. The food itself was quite poor compared to other casinos I've stayed at. There was a very marginal selection for breakfast; empty buffet trays weren't refilled for quite some time; no bacon, ham or other breakfast meat. Waffles and toast were cook it yourself. Not much selection for lunch; vegetables seemed to be frozen mixed vegetables. Same food served for supper as lunch... Salisbury steak. The second day we ordered the American Breakfast off the menu. My friend put ketchup on her fried eggs and they were so greasy, her ketchup slid right off. The bacon was not drained so was quite greasy. We culd only eat one piece. We went to the Panasian that night and the food was very good but waaay to much. We mentioned to the server they should have combo's for supper and she said the manager didn't want that. We were only able to eat a small portion to fill us up and the rest was thrown out. What a waste! We went to the Mexican restaurant the next night and ordered the combos. The enchiladas and tortillas were just filled with dry shredded meat. There was a bit of sauce on top but it didn't compensate for the dry meat. The fellow that took the order did not bring our beverage and never came back to see how the food was. The food at the pizzeria/deli was good.

The rooms were good and the casino was good. There didn't seem to be many winners.

I doubt I would go back. I know from experience that the Tulalip Casino has excellent food and an outlet mall so will continue to go there instead of the Silver Reef.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Majorie,

We sincerely thank you for giving us your input about your recent visit to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. It's disheartening to hear that our food quality did not meet nor exceed your expectations. We will give our chefs and our Director of Food and Beverage the comments you are making with the intentions to improve.

Majorie, we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Thanks for your input and we hope to see you soon!
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Drove down on Fathers Day to see the new additions to the Silver Reef Casino completed in May 2013. The SR has done a very nice job on the explansion to add additional casino and entertainment space. Lots of new slot machines and a new mexican specialty restaurant. Have had very good meals at the other restaurants and wanted to try the new one. Although we were impressed by the decor and the casino additions, the food at the new mexican restaurant was not very good. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Bill W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. We are very proud of the casino expansion as we feel we've given our guests more to enjoy. We're very sorry to hear that our food quality did not meet or exceed your expectations. We want to remind you that any restaurant takes time to build its quality consistency. We hope that the next time you're down, that you try it again. Please let your server know what exactly was wrong with the food so that we can communicate it to our chefs.

Again, we value your input and we hope to see you again!
Langley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed here several times and have never rated . Great people and very nice accomodations . What we like most is the fact they are pet friendly small chg. compared to other casinos and hotels . The food here is very reasonable and great especialy the Fantasia restuarant . You also can stay here over night if you are flying out of Belligham they will drive you to the airport .

Room Tip: all rooms are great. The ones that face the parking lots have a better view .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
To Robert W,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. We are happy that you enjoyed our Cantina Restaurant; we agree the food is good at a very reasonable price.

Again, thanks for rating us and we do hope to see you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I have recently switched from casinos further south in favour of the Silver Reef. The room is good at a reasonable price and the casino has all the games we like. I do like the $3 black jack table and there is an excellent selection of slot machines to play.

Unfortunately, the food at the Pizzanini restaurant was just awful. My wife and I waited almost 40 minutes for a pizza and a sandwich. I know because the receipt is time stamped. The pizza was fine according to my wife, but the Rib Eye sandwich I ordered was terrible. The sandwich was cold but I was hungry so said took a couple of bites anyway. The meat did not taste right so I opened the sandwich and the meat appeared to be almost raw. The strips of meat were blood red and cold. I took it back to the counter and was told they could make another or refund my money. I was not waiting another 40 minutes for a sandwich so asked for a refund. The supervisor who arrived to do the refund asked if I wanted a dessert. I said no thanks I will not eat in here again. Neither the counter person nor the supervisor said sorry for the terrible food. In fact the counter person wanted to argue with me.

There were five employees in the serving area: one continually touched her hair and did not wash her hands. the others seemed to talk a lot with each other.

Sorry, but I would not recommend this place to anyone until there is some quality control in place. My wife and I have been in the restaurant and bar business for almost thirty years so I do know what i am talking about. Just felt I had to say my piece.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Baileylabdog
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Baileylabdog,

We sincerely thank you for your review of your last trip to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. We are sorry to hear that our food quality did not meet or exceed your expectations. Be rest assured that your comments are taken very seriously and our Food and Beverage Director has reviewed them very carefully.

We will do what we can to implement some of the ideas your present. Our continued goal is to ensure that we provide the greatest quality and service to over 1 million guests who frequent our property per year.

Thanks again for your input and your visit!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The new addition is a real plus. The machines are more spaced out and it seems that the ventilation is slightly better but the non-smoking section has yet to be increased. Smokers still have the advantage over accessing the new machines. When will they ever learn! The hotel provides good accommodations at reasonable prices but the gaming benefits are not really to the players advantage.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hanky53
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi Hankey53,

Thank you for your review based on your recent visit to Silver Reef. We are very proud of the new expansion as many of our guests too have commented they love more space to play and yes less smoke inside the casino.

Our award-winning Hotel consistently wins people over because of the various amenities it provides, the cleanliness and the excellent customer service from our front desk agents to the housekeepers.

Your patronage is important and just as important is your input. Thank you so much and we hope to see you back soon!
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our first time since the new event center and Phase VI were completed. There is a beautiful new bar featuring close to 50 Tequilas right next to the new Cantina restaurant. The food there was excellent and the casino is very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Velvet21,

It was a true delight to read your review of your last visit to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. Your comments add to the hundreds of others who have also raved about our new Cantina restaurant and bar. We're still a work in progress but we feel very confident that we will continue to meet and exceed our guests' and our own expectations.

Your patronage is important, but your input is just as needed. Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you back very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Hotel Bellwether
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 27 in Bellingham
4.0 of 5 stars 336 reviews

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!