“Nice rooms, nice casino and very dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa
4876 Haxton Way, I-5 exit 260, Ferndale, WA 98248   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ferndale
One person from one world
“Nice rooms, nice casino and very dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We like traveling, gambling, and taking our dog. The location is a bit remote but it's not a bad drive to Bellingham if you want some nice food or pubs. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Casino has the latest slots, all the usual table games with $3 blackjack when we stayed and the craps table was very kind. If you leave your number in case he/she causes problems, you can leave your dog in the room while you gamble.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
qb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My sister and I stayed here because they had a pool, much around was booked.....they gave us a great deal on two rooms, which was reasonable in the first place. They gave us a free buffet dinner, 1/2 price lunch, and complimentary continental breakfast...and $5 to gamble.... The staff was pleasant, the room clean and updated although little things showed its age. The dinner buffet was the smallest in the world and every thing there was very good and hot.....we were suprised. The lunch was good. The breakfast could be improved. Lumps of cold scrambled eggs, toaster didn't work, but still we found stuff to eat. The pool was smaller than expected but nice and warm. There was noise from the hall.... Overall, a pleasant experience (this from a former high end resort owner and current vacation rental owner).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Realistically, you won't be spending a night here unless you intend on visiting the casino...if so, you may be in luck.

First off, the hotel is very nice, clean, and well appointed. The rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable and the pool and spa well maintained.

We brought our two teens who simply wanted some pool time, then internet back in the room. For an evening, this was okay but otherwise there is nothing for the under-21 set here.

By joining the slot club we got $5 off food coupons, so the kids' medium pizza and large wonton soup came to about $7 total and there is no tax here on food. Also, because slot members get a free birthday meal (1 per year), despite the fact it wasn't either of our birthdays we still got a free supper buffet each. The next day we all got free breakfast buffets as well; they call it 'continental' and the only difference is there was no bacon. So, all in all, a very good value! Also, while casino drinks are reasonably priced, you can simply go to the liquor store adjacent if you want to have a few in your room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

" I am still waiting to hear from someone at the hotel that cares about their guests! I came to stay over & play at the casino with my mother in-law on June 24th, it was not only my birthday but what would have been my mother in-laws anniversary (the first in 33 years without my father in-law as he passed away last August) and I advised... the hotel of this (trying to make it a special occasion). My check in was AWFUL!!! The guy (Scott) had me tears as he was so rude! I explained it was my FIRST time to the Silver Reef and I had no idea where anything was and he had NO level of customer service. I expand too much further, but I was so excited to go to the Silver Reef for my birthday and to make this a great night for my mother in-law that after my horrific check-in experience, my birthday & the night was ruined!!!
I didn't want to waste my money there..... The front desk asked if they could make it up to me ( and I said yes they need to!) and as if July 9th, I have still not heard from them!!!!! I'm still waiting!!!!! If there way of making it up to me is a a small chocolate & a card wishing me a happy birthday with my name spelled WRONG! Had looked at my reservation they would know how to properly spell my name...... My husband works a well known hotel in Canada and none of us will be positively recommending the Silver Reef Hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel, they don't care about you! The casino people are nicer. Friday nigh...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very nice hotel, the front desk staff were very friendly, and we got a fantastic!! rate. Our room wasn't ready when we first got there, which we expected since we arrived around 10am. They stored our bags for us while we went shopping, which was very helpful. Our room was very spacious and they gave us a corner room which is always a plus! Awesome bathroom with seperate toilet and shower area. This was good for a bunch of girls who needed lots of room to get ready! The pool and hot tub were perfect! nice and big!! Room service was quick and yummy. The only dislike I had about the property was the smoke smell in the casino. But that is just something i'm not used to as the casinos in BC are all non-smoking. Overall I had a great time with some girlfriends!! I would stay here again :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
surrey, b.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Living in Vancouver, BC , we decided to head away for a getaway for Mothers Day, 4 Ladies went for a night away. What can I say, honestly.....the customer service upon arrival was great. Hotel staff was so friendly. When we got to our room, we were very pleasantly surprised. They were very nice, clean and good layout for the 4 of us. Casino was fun, we did good, nothing big but enough to play with their money for the night. Had a superb dinner at Panasian, can't say enough about this restaurant. Will recommend it to everyone I know who goes down. The next morning, enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which was fantastic. Can't wait for my next Silver Reef Getaway. Will recommend to all our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

If we hadn't had food poisoning from the red river cafe's seafood buffet and if it was possibly well dealt with then our trip wouldn't have been ruined. Bevel after calling back and leaving a message with the general manager I have still heard absolutely no response and it's been 5 days since we were there. It's too bad as we were really looking forward to this little vacation and we didn't get to enjoy it as we were both sick in the room as of 8pm till 2 days later. We didn't get to enjoy the free breakfast the next day or anything else that night. We could even hear the room above us getting sick in the bathroom just like us... It was absolutely awful. If this matter had been properly dealt with the next day as I had asked I wouldn't be so upset but because we were just shrugged off it makes me un impressed!! Not even a sorry or a ensurance that so
Wine was going to make sure it wouldn't happen again to others the next night. We are very disappointed and will not be satisfied until this situation is dealt with.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!