“Not your run of the mill Sushi Restaurant!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 210 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Japanese
Olympia
“Not your run of the mill Sushi Restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Hanabi is not your same old everyday cookie cutter sushi restaurant like so many around the Puget Sound. Rather it has an authentic feel. Hanabi offers tables or private rooms (sit on the floor, no shoes) and the presentation is better than anywhere I have been. While the prices are competitive with other sushi places, the food is awesome, with a wide selection and very fresh. I will certainly stop in again when I am in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mid-South
“Outstanding Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Superb Sushi and very good service. I was the only white/anglo customer (which is a sign of authenticity), yet the staff made me feel comfortable and welcomed. I have eaten Sushi from many places across the globe and this is one of the very best for the US. If there were any shortcomings, it would be I was served masago (capelin roe) instead of tobiko (flying-fish roe) when I ordered tobiko gunkan-maki style. Also, their wasabi was not spicy, so I just tripled up. I know this can change day-to-day, so don't consider this a big problem. Anyway, if you are in town and love Sushi, this is the place to go.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent sushi, equaled...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Excellent sushi, equaled only by the service and pleasant wait staff!