“Calm & peaceful bit of Japan in busy mall” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 208 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Japanese
“Calm & peaceful bit of Japan in busy mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food was delicious. We could have been eating in Toyko. My husband had yakisoba noodles with meat and veggies - it was enough for four people! I had Tempura. It was crispy and beautifully presented. The miso soup was great. I'd read about the "jello" and was pleased to taste the coffee gelatin laced with a milky topping. We could have had something similar in lots of Japanese cities. My only disappointment was the lack of tea. The table was set with lovely tea cups but tea was never offered. Strange!

Visited March 2013

Bonney Lake
“Asian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was very interested in visiting a "Japanese" buffet restaurant simply because it seemed to promise something different from the usual Chinese or Asian restaurant fare that is so common in the Northwest. As it turned out the fare was very similar. Some niceties were the fish actually looked like fish, not hidden under a glob of deep fat fried breading, although there was plenty of deep fat fried things to choose from. If you like sushi, this restaurant is your dream come true. An obligatory sign stating the dangers of eating raw meat assures the authenticity of the wide number of sushi variations to choose from. Personally, this restaurant fare was not for me so the relatively high cost of the meal made my visit less than pleasant. I do recommend the green tea iced cream.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Not a good Japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went here for dinner after reading all the rave reviews. While we were greeted very friendly. The service after we ordered was horrible. For the price you pay the food was not up to the quality of many Japanese restaurants in the area for half the price. We will definately never be dining here again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Washington
“Our go to place for Japanese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have been going to Koharu for many years for every kind of celebration. We go sometimes just for the atmosphere and I always ask to go there for my birthday. It is nice to have a place where you can count on your favorite food not changing. My husband always has the Tonkatsu and I usually have Agadashi Tofu. The atmosphere is wonderfully peaceful and the service is warm and friendly. If you didn't know where it was you might miss it as you need to come in on a quick right turn off the main road. Well worth finding.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Best Japanese Restaurant in Federal Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a gem that my wife discovered quite some time ago and I just wanted to share it. Her favorite is the gyoza and she gets the Joneses if she doesn't get her fix a couple of times a month. All of the sushi we have had has been excellent. The block cod was also great but one of the best things is not on the menu. Do yourself a favor and order a Henry's Roll, a warmed salmon roll that is fantastic. Give it a try.

• Visited October 2012