“Our go to place for Japanese food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 207 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Japanese
Auburn, Washington
“Our go to place for Japanese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have been going to Koharu for many years for every kind of celebration. We go sometimes just for the atmosphere and I always ask to go there for my birthday. It is nice to have a place where you can count on your favorite food not changing. My husband always has the Tonkatsu and I usually have Agadashi Tofu. The atmosphere is wonderfully peaceful and the service is warm and friendly. If you didn't know where it was you might miss it as you need to come in on a quick right turn off the main road. Well worth finding.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Best Japanese Restaurant in Federal Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a gem that my wife discovered quite some time ago and I just wanted to share it. Her favorite is the gyoza and she gets the Joneses if she doesn't get her fix a couple of times a month. All of the sushi we have had has been excellent. The block cod was also great but one of the best things is not on the menu. Do yourself a favor and order a Henry's Roll, a warmed salmon roll that is fantastic. Give it a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Must have been an off night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Not sure if I just came on an off night or what. I thought the fish was so-so, but quite expensive. Especially give the quality. Must have been an off-night or the fish they got was not up to par. I had much better sushi at a much more reasonable price at Hanabi down the street personally.

I'll have to try again in the future to see if it was just a bad night or if I just prefer other locations.

Visited August 2012
Seattle
“Best restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been going to Koharu for many years now. They never fail to disappoint. The service is excellent, always efficient and very friendly. They have a large variety of items to choose from on the menu. The lunch specials are a good deal. The sashimi is fresh tasting. I would agree with another viewer that the one item I'm not as fond of is the chicken teriyaki. They use chicken breast instead of thighs so it tends to be dry. The buckwheat noodles in broth is so yummy! I could eat it everyday.
Koharu is my absolute favorite place to eat in Federal Way. As a heads-up, they are closed Sundays and Mondays.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Good Japanese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very good japanese restaurant which offers wide variety of dishes from Japan, not only sushi. The portions were huge, but the food was bit lacking. The teriyaki chicken was overcooked and bit dry, though the teriyaki sauce was good. The tempura was better, but the batter was quite creasy. The service was very excellent and the athmosphere was good.

• Visited June 2012