“Very good service, average food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 207 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Wenatchee, Washington
“Very good service, average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Had not eaten here for several years, we made reservations for four. Upon arrival our table was ready, unlike our prior experiences. The service was very good and the food was average. Probably would return sometime in the future, unless we find better Japanese food elsewhere.

73% Recommend
Port Orchard, Washington
“Inappropriate way to run a restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Coupon for Birthday states that if there are four in your party, the birthday person would get up to $25 off his/her food. Six of us traveled at least 45 minutes from different towns/cities to get to the Federal Way location. We presented the coupon right away before even ordering drinks and were told that it applied ONLY ON THE ACTUAL BIRTHDAY. We were celebrating Saturday night, for the next Tuesday birthday. NO, they would not honor it even though nothing on the coupon stated that "policy". Food was cooked and served one item at a time with lots of time in between items...cook kept going off to other tables to bang drum and sing happy birthday at those tables (six times at least). Inappropriate remarks by our cook were made to our pregnant guest...couldn't believe he'd ask the woman's husband if it was the husband's baby! Food was served one item at a time. At the end of our meal, and after we thought the meal was over...out came bean sprouts!?!? Food was okay though nothing special. We will NOT return. We will spend the $28to$32 per entree at other establishments. Should have filed some sort of sexual harassment complaint about cook///just couldn't believe our ears.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, WA
“Totally Entertaining Experience with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved this place! We came early and had reservations for 8 people - the cook was so entertaining. We had a Saki Bomb - which was a blast - and all ordered our food. Soup, Rice, sauteed veggies that were so good - we each received two sauces. The meats were all perfectly cooked. I had shrimp and chicken - so good. Friends had Calamari and Scallops, New York Steak, Filet Mignon and a Suki Yaki beef that looked fabulous. I do not like bean sprouts - but after trying their grilled sprouts - I lOVE those! I just need to add again - the cook was so much fun - he had us all laughing, ooing and ahing. Great evening of fun!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Taylorsville, Utah
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've been to Japanese steak houses all over the country and Tokyo ranks near the top. Great ambiance, fabulous chefs, and of course amazing food. Some of the best sushi presentations I have ever seen.

Visited February 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“First and best Japanese Steakhouse Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is the first grill in front of you type restaurant we've been too and the experience was fantastic. I try to visit this type of restaurant in every city I travel to and for whatever reason this location is still my favorite.

We started at the sushi bar as it was packed and the sushi chef was excellent and was an educator of his craft -- very interesting!

The actual dinner was great as well. The good thing about ordering extra fried rice is that I am usually stuffed before the main course and the leftovers are great if cooked on the stove.

My wife and I visit every time we are in the Seattle area.

• Visited April 2011