“Delicious and priced right!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 208 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Delicious and priced right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Love their quick Bahn mi sandwiches to go! Also, nice place to get a delicious meal. Go for the fried rice!

Lookout Mountain, GA
“Go with a bowl of pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have never eaten Vietnamese food before so I asked the owner what to order. He suggested the bowl of chicken pho and I'm so glad I tried it! I ordered a take out so I could walk back to the Courtyard Marriott across the street and eat (and work) in my room. The only problem was the rice noodles became a little mushed together but this was probably due to the fact that I made a side trip before reaching the hotel. Across the parking lot from Pho Hoang is See's candy store where you are offered a free sample which I'm calling my appetizer :).
The large styrofoam container holding the broth was really to full to add all the ingredients from the other containers, but I made do. There was not only enough for dinner, but I put the rest in the frig for lunch today (it's possible my appetizer had something to do with me reaching the "full" point before I was finished). I really could only eat half of the pho. You add bean sprouts, rice noodles, chicken and peppers (if you want them) and some kind of thick soy sauce to the broth and yum yum it was really good! Very nice owner who had a very cute little daughter who was eating her dinner of rice noodles at one of the tables when I walked in.
They also have a side business selling cookies, cakes and other sweet concoctions that I passed up. I may have to go back today and get a sesame cookie, they looked delicious!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sumter, South Carolina
“Great Atmosphere and pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I ate at this restaurant based off of the recommendation of the hotel staff. I've definitely had better Vietnamese food but there food was alright. I think the issue came from them broiling the pork, as I've never had it served this way, but the egg rolls were delicious and the sauces that they have available are great. The atmosphere is awesome too, the owner of the restaurant was out in the dining area interacting with the customers and he seemed to know them personally.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma
“If you love pho, or are just curious to try it, this is your place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

The broth here is so rich and delicious; the noodles perfectly firm, not sticky; the beef is flavorful and perfectly cooked; the meat ball is really wonderful; and the tendon (if you're adventuresome enough to try it) is really good, and almost always perfectly tender.

Plus, their pastries (particularly the little cream puffs - best custard ever!) and frozen yogurt are superb (and I'm not a frozen yogurt fan in general).

I don't necessarily recommend the other entrees on the menu - pho is their specialty, and the others options, in my experience were just alright.

The dining room is clean, simple. You see a lot of native Vietnamese people there, which is generally a good sign for a Vietnamese restaurant. :) The service is very quick and friendly, and the price is great! My husband and I share a bowl of their largest size for $9. Smaller options are $5 and $7.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere