“Above and beyond my expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Toronto, Canada
“Above and beyond my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just wanted to let both the staff and other travellers know that having stayed at a number of properties in the Tacoma area, I will be returning to this hotel when I visit family next time. I stayed for a week, having my parents for about two or three nights with me. Both during the time that we were there, and during the time that I was by myself, the hotel exceeded my expectations. I love the facilities they have in-house, and will be using the pool next time as I did the gym. Hot breakfast was good-- and they made a point to ask for my input about the food when they noticed I stayed more than a couple of days there. Having cookies and milk at the end of the day helped me to wind down regardless of whether I had a long day or not. The location is not far from anything you need in Federal Way, but away from the busyness and mayhem further north.

When I did find something that needed to be taken cared of, the staff did it expeditiously and with utmost concern for my satisfaction. The shower curtain rod came loose and fell while I was using it one morning. When I told Nikki at Front Desk this, she assured me that it will be replaced and taken cared of, and when I came back after lunch, not only was it repaired but ended up being better than before. A similar incident with the telephone buzzing across all rooms in the first floor in the middle of the day was similarly taken cared of when I reported it to a different person manning the front desk. It is important to note that this hotel not only tries its best to rectify any situations that arise, but make it a point to make it better.

The hotel and the rooms are very clean, and since I had asked for a room outright that is far from the elevator and away from any noise whatsoever, my room was quiet. I was able to get laundry done during my stay thanks to the facilities they have. Even when the conference room had events being held during my stay, I never felt intruded upon especially in the evening.

Thanks to Nikki and the staff for a job well done. I will definitely recommend this to family and friends visiting my family in Tacoma. It is much better than anything you can find either in Tacoma or in Federal Way for that matter.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators as well as away from the conference room (tends to be right in...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

this is by far the best hotel ive ever stayed at. The staff is amazing and i would not want to stay anywhere else. They are always so friendly and helpful. Letting us know there are big tournaments or events happening so we know what to avoid if necessary. This is the place where i want to be.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best if you like quiet. the jacuzzi rooms are amazing
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

No need to sugar coat things, the overly rude and nasty staff that greets you on your way in. Is there to tell you to "deal with it" when you find fresh blood (not your's) on the bed you just paid to sleep in! Not clean, not nice, not cheep!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
QualityFEDWAY, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
On behalf of the entire team I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I am disheartened to hear that you were treated rudely. I am also quite baffled because I or my other manager is unaware of this particular incident. My staff is normally pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. I do hope you can contact me directly in the hopes of resolving this confusion and giving us the chance to provide you with superior service. Our goal here at the Quality Inn and suites in Federal Way is to provide every guest with a positive comfortable and memorable experience.

Nikki U
253-835-4141
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

What a pleasant surprise: I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor that accommodates individuals with a wheelchair. I had a larger bathroom than my friend in another room.

Plus, the shower hook-up was a standard shower head and a separate mounted hand-held one = you can get a double blast of h20 overhead. Careful if you go that route so you don't get the floor wet.

My bed in room 315 was firm just like I want it. I enjoyed it so much more than I did the one at the posh Salish Spa & Resort 3 nights later - wow, another great surprise.

Yes, this hotel offers milk besides coffee and decaf if you partake of their evening cookies in the lobby. The cookies were warm and yummy.

The usual self-service morning continental breakfast is offered. But I enjoyed their peeled hard-boiled eggs and the portion-control sized yogurt. Perfect for those of us who want to eat something small yet nutritious in the a.m.

The employees at the desk were friendly to us. Thumbs up Quality Inn - Federal Way!

• Stayed October 2014
On behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for your patronage. We here at the Quality Inn and Suites strive to provide everyone with a positive and memorable experience. And when we read a review such as yours it does our hearts good. We hope to see you again when you are in the area. So that we may have another opportunity to provide you with superior service.

Nikki U
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

I used this hotel as a stop between Seattle and Oregon. Check in was easy but I was shocked at the state of the first room. How nobody could see the big puddle covering the floor in front of the kitchen? I've never had something like that in a hotel. I was given another room on the top floor further away from the elevator. This was appreciated.

The room was a king bed with no kitchenette. Shower was nice, bed was comfortable. I don't need extra frills when I'm on a road trip so this suited me fine. The hallway carpet was threadbare and in desperate need of a replacement. If you are not upset by aesthetics then you won't be bothered too much.

Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I was referred to a restaurant across the street and given a card for a free appetizer - this recommendation was very good and I enjoyed myself.

I am disappointed that I was not compensated anything for the fact the room was damaged when I arrived but the rest of the night was just fine. Check out was an easy process. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to check the room first and see if there are any available away from the elevator, it...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I stayed one night for business along with a co-worker who had stayed there 5 years ago and I thought the hotel was sufficient. Clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. I will say that it would have been difficult to find if my co-worker wasn't with me because she had stayed there previously. The driveway is not well marked at all. The eggs, sausage and potatoes weren't great in the breakfast department, but you can find things to eat besides that. My co-worker didn't like it after having stayed there before and thought it was much nicer years ago. I would think twice about staying there next time if I could find a nicer place, which was close to my meeting.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Stopped for one night during a long drive. Previous experience with the chain led me to expect somewhat worn, but OK and reasonable value for price. That's what I found here. Everything was clean and worked. Clerk at desk was assertively friendly but helpful. Convenient to freeway and restaurants. Would stay again for same purpose.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way? Share your experiences!