“Worst service ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

No need to sugar coat things, the overly rude and nasty staff that greets you on your way in. Is there to tell you to "deal with it" when you find fresh blood (not your's) on the bed you just paid to sleep in! Not clean, not nice, not cheep!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
QualityFEDWAY, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this review, 3 days ago
On behalf of the entire team I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I am disheartened to hear that you were treated rudely. I am also quite baffled because I or my other manager is unaware of this particular incident. My staff is normally pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. I do hope you can contact me directly in the hopes of resolving this confusion and giving us the chance to provide you with superior service. Our goal here at the Quality Inn and suites in Federal Way is to provide every guest with a positive comfortable and memorable experience.

253-835-4141

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a pleasant surprise: I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor that accommodates individuals with a wheelchair. I had a larger bathroom than my friend in another room.

Plus, the shower hook-up was a standard shower head and a separate mounted hand-held one = you can get a double blast of h20 overhead. Careful if you go that route so you don't get the floor wet.

My bed in room 315 was firm just like I want it. I enjoyed it so much more than I did the one at the posh Salish Spa & Resort 3 nights later - wow, another great surprise.

Yes, this hotel offers milk besides coffee and decaf if you partake of their evening cookies in the lobby. The cookies were warm and yummy.

The usual self-service morning continental breakfast is offered. But I enjoyed their peeled hard-boiled eggs and the portion-control sized yogurt. Perfect for those of us who want to eat something small yet nutritious in the a.m.

The employees at the desk were friendly to us. Thumbs up Quality Inn - Federal Way!

• Stayed October 2014
On behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for your patronage. We here at the Quality Inn and Suites strive to provide everyone with a positive and memorable experience. And when we read a review such as yours it does our hearts good. We hope to see you again when you are in the area. So that we may have another opportunity to provide you with superior service.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I used this hotel as a stop between Seattle and Oregon. Check in was easy but I was shocked at the state of the first room. How nobody could see the big puddle covering the floor in front of the kitchen? I've never had something like that in a hotel. I was given another room on the top floor further away from the elevator. This was appreciated.

The room was a king bed with no kitchenette. Shower was nice, bed was comfortable. I don't need extra frills when I'm on a road trip so this suited me fine. The hallway carpet was threadbare and in desperate need of a replacement. If you are not upset by aesthetics then you won't be bothered too much.

Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I was referred to a restaurant across the street and given a card for a free appetizer - this recommendation was very good and I enjoyed myself.

I am disappointed that I was not compensated anything for the fact the room was damaged when I arrived but the rest of the night was just fine. Check out was an easy process. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to check the room first and see if there are any available away from the elevator, it...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed one night for business along with a co-worker who had stayed there 5 years ago and I thought the hotel was sufficient. Clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. I will say that it would have been difficult to find if my co-worker wasn't with me because she had stayed there previously. The driveway is not well marked at all. The eggs, sausage and potatoes weren't great in the breakfast department, but you can find things to eat besides that. My co-worker didn't like it after having stayed there before and thought it was much nicer years ago. I would think twice about staying there next time if I could find a nicer place, which was close to my meeting.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Stopped for one night during a long drive. Previous experience with the chain led me to expect somewhat worn, but OK and reasonable value for price. That's what I found here. Everything was clean and worked. Clerk at desk was assertively friendly but helpful. Convenient to freeway and restaurants. Would stay again for same purpose.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Seattle was full with some Microsoft event so we stayed here.

Pro: staff is very friendly and try hard

Con: almost everything else.. The hotel is very old and the carpets may be the original ones - they are stained and battered. The bathrooms have no place to put anything down and need an update. I had to move an ironing and put it in the middle of the room to hang up shirts. They provide free breakfast - good idea, poor execution. Only 5-6 tables and then nowhere to sit and they try to offer hot food and don't do well. Stick to fruit, cereal and breads.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your patronage. To address some of the issues you had with your stay. We are aware of the appearance of our carpet and know how badly it needs to be replaced. In fact we ordered new carpeting towards the end of August and it is due to be installed in November. We have made some adjustment on our breakfast. For example we are trying a different type of eggs. And as for the seating for breakfast. We do offer our meeting room for additional seating, seeing as there's not much we can do with the space available in it's current state. Hopefully you got to enjoy the milk and cookies we provide in the evenings. We take pride in the strives we have made since purchasing this property two years ago, and still have many more things we would like to upgrade and or change. Our goal here is to provide everyone with a positive and memorable experience. We do hope that you will give us another chance to improve your opinion of our property as well as the opportunity to serve you again.

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We were passing through and enjoyed a wonderful stay here. Staff super nice, very clean, nice breakfast and the room was good. We travel a lot and find Quality Inns to be a good value and comfortable so found this to be even a notch above what we expected.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way? Share your experiences!