“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 S 348th St, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
!! ONLINE SPECIAL RATE !!
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
Newberg, Oregon
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The new Management of this Hotel is exceptlional! I have have been staying here once a week for the past year. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and clean with new beds recently.

Michael Dunhoe

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jim m, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, it's very much appreciated. Since the Quality Inn is under new management, we would like each and everyone's opinion and reviews. We're glad that you're having a wonderful time at our hotel and that you're enjoying the indoor heated pool, hot tub, free high speed internet, cleanliness of the rooms, friendly staff, and breakfast variety. Please do stay with us again. We won't disappoint you.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been staying at the Quality Inn for about three years now, twice a week. Recently the property has changed ownership and there has been a lot of changes.
New beds, new pillows and a complete hotel facelift. The new owners and management knows me by name and I am always welcome. The hotel is clean, warm and the front counter people are friendly and know the area well.
Come by and see for yourself, great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Any room of the three floor Inn is ok
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, it's very much appreciated. Since the Quality Inn is under new management, we would like each and everyone's opinion and reviews. We're glad that you're having a wonderful time at our hotel and that you're enjoying the indoor heated pool, hot tub, free high speed internet, cleanliness of the rooms, friendly staff, and breakfast variety.brand new bed and fitness center. Please do stay with us again. We won't disappoint you.

Spanaway, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I take my kids here every year for New Years eve and its a great place to stay and my kids LOVE IT!We love it because of the pool and the location of the hotel is awesome. We will continue to go there every year! We have stayed at other Quality Inn's and none of them were as nice as this one. Thanks, Albert Pete

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jim m, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this review, January 13, 2013

Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed at this Quality Inn for almost seven years. During that time the hotel has gone two owners (now on their third) and a bank repo. According to the Customer Service department at the Choice Privileges office, I have stayed at this property 47 times in the past eleven months, some of those stays consisting of multiple days. Each owner, in addition to the bank honored the corporate rate that my company allowed us to spend and had always treated me like a member of the family, not just a guest… until the new management recently took over. When I tried to check in this past Thursday I was told by Mr. Modi, the General Manager that they would no longer honor my rate of $65.00 a night. I tried to explain that I have been a loyal guest for many years and stay there often, as I do business in the Federal Way / Seattle area. After discussing this for a couple of minutes, the Manager actually had the nerve to say, “You can’t expect us to not make any money” and did not even attempt to work out a compromise. I felt completely disrespected and certainly not like a valued Diamond Elite member. So I left, drove down the street a couple of miles and checked into their sister property, which was a much nicer hotel AND they gave me a rate that my company would approve. The irony in this situation is this. When I drove by the Quality Inn later that night on my way back from dinner there were barely any cars in their parking lot. Also, when I pulled them up on my computer, the online rate for that same night was $65.00, exactly the amount that they refused to honor earlier that day! I will miss the wonderful (original) staff at this hotel, but not the new management. Sad, but it looks like they will run the property into the ground by treating guests horribly and longtime, loyal guests like me won’t be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, it's very much appreciated. You have been staying with us for the past seven years and you are a valued customer. Your company is paying $65.00 and we aren't denying that. We will give you a standard non smoking room with a queen bed for the price stated. We can't give you the room you requested which was an executive suite with a kitchen and jacuzzi intact which runs for $119.00 to $129.00 per night. I also wanted to let you know that, you have gotten the same rate with our sister hotel, but you probably haven't gotten an executive suite for the price mentioned. We also have fulfilled your request in the past because you are a valued customer and we appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you in the future and do hope that you come back to stay with us.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I checked in to find my toilet not only broken but FILTHY! The GM replaced the guts but did not clean the brown poo stains. Instead he left his nasty towel in the floor to catch the leaking water. I asked to be moved, they refused. The GM did not even apologize, rather acted like it was my fault. No one ever apologized nor made any attempt to make it right. When I asked about compensation for having a disgusting toilet another idiot told me "you are getting a good room rate". Zero customer service. I was not getting a "good rate" I got the same rate I always get. These people have no idea what customer service it.

I have stayed at this hotel for 10 years and since it opened. It changed hands and it is now run down, dirty and the Slum Dog of Federal Way. The beds are awful, floor worn out and the front awning is falling down and propped up with braces. I wish I could post the photos I took, you would throw up!

I will never stay here again and will tell everyone I know in the swimming community how awful this place has become.

If you want to stay at a dump pick this place.

• Stayed December 2012
jim m, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Customer, This is the GM of Quality Inn & Suites of Federal Way. I appreciate your feedback. The general practice of a hotel is that when a customer makes a complaint, it is our duty to fix the "problem" or make the customer comfortable within half an hour. We have fixed the toilet issue within ten minutes of your complaint. Ma'am I would like to also point out that our customer service has always been above satisfactory, I'm sorry you had a bitter experience; I would just like to point out that we have fixed your toilet within the duration time. We encourage and appreciate your reviews. We would really appreciate if you gave us another chance in serving you. We promise to make your stay super comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you so much,Jim ModiGeneral Manager
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a family emergency. We got a jacuzzi suite for only $10 more dollars than a regular room. Let me tell you - it was worth it with all the family stress going on. The room itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The jacuzzi was just meh...the pressure wasn't all that strong, but it still felt nice.

The breakfast in the morning was great - hot eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. The breakfast was being regularly monitored and refilled too.

The staff were great - the woman who checked us in was so helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations.

A great place to stay, good value for the money. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Quality Inn on October 18. It was super clean, friendly staff, and an awesome breakfast. It was comfort at its best. They also have a swimming pool so it was a great way to relax.

• Stayed October 2012

Management

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way? Share your experiences!