“this is the best hotel in Idaho” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Hayden
“this is the best hotel in Idaho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

every part is outstanding the Staff the rooms the Breakfast super clean i love this place The beds are so commfy the staff will go out of the way to make your stay very plesent great location along the river with a deck its like a little slice of heaven

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel was overall ok - good breakfast. Pool and Hot tub, quite disappointing, pool was cold and dirty and the hot tub was cool, at best...The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying, with sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruits, home fried potatoes. Coffee was hot, strong and fresh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Ketchikan, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently booked a room with the Best Western Plus Evergreen Inn & Suites in Federal Way during a follow-up doctor's appointment for hip replacement surgery. Coming from Alaska, I booked a Queen (Handicap) room through Expedia.com. for two nights, hoping to use the handicap room due to restrictions from surgery.

Upon arrival, the front desk clerks could not find my reservation. I showed them the Expedia printout, they worked the keyboard and said the found the room. Well, we went to the room and found a low, small Murphy bed, a large whiteboard on the wall, and no handicap considerations. The room was something a traveling salesman would use for interviews or small presentations. There were no lamps next to the Murphy bed, no couch or chairs, but there was a desk. This is not what we reserved through Expedia.

When I complained to the front desk clerks, they said that was the only room available and they "Did not know why Expedia shows rooms we don't have." It was late, they promised a handicap room the next day, as I was staying two nights, and had a doctor's appointment early the next day.

I left early after being reassured the hotel would move me to suitable handicap equipped room during my time away. They asked that my luggage be left at the front desk. Okay, why not? We cleared the meeting room, left luggage at the desk, and went on to the doctor's in Seattle.

When we got back later in the afternoon, another front desk clerk could not find any reservation for a handicap room. Nobody followed up with my request, nor did they recognize the Expedia reservation. Granted the desk clerk moved us to a suite, but it was not what we required. Since we were flying back to Seattle the next day, without a car (that we put on the barge), we shook our heads and headed to the room.

Finding my cell phone was about discharged, I looked for the 12w charging unit and cable for my iPad and iPhone that was kept in the outside zippered pocket of luggage. It was not there. Someone had taken it out of the luggage pocket while we were away and bags sat in office's back room. We were lucky to lose only that, as there were a lot of more valuable items deeper in the bags. The zippered pocket was the one quickly available to a passing thief.

A complaint to several personnel just brought passive head shakes and a written note. The loss of personal property from luggage and the disconnect between Expedia reservations and actual rooms available prompted this "Terrible" rating. I really needed a handicap room (as reserved) and also needed my personal property that was taken from my bags. Bummer for me. Caveat emptor, (although we did have a pleasant airport shuttle ride).

Room Tip: If booking through another site like Expedia.com, call this Best Western at least a day ahead of arr...
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My stay here wasn't bad. The staff were very helpful and friendly. My room was adequate but not very clean, especially the carpet and my air conditioner didn't work properly and I had to change rooms.

Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for our last stop ( visiting Wild Wave park) on a 10-day trip from Vancouver BC to Oregon coast. Everywhere we went (along I-5 or the coast), felt much safer, I didn't expect to find this hotel so guest-unfriendly:the amount of notes posted everywhere in this hotel - about theft, credit card scams, strangers getting into your hotel room+ detailed instructions on locking your room properly - was overwhelming! The note on the bathroom mirror about linen theft was the last straw - the hotel must have gone through really bad experiences, but should have thought about some other measures to stop theft, as these notes /warning raised my level of regular trip precautions and street-awareness to the level of felling very unsafe and uncomfortable inside the hotel ( and we had to stay for 2 nights). To make everything even more annoying the internet connection ( so important for maps/checking the local attractions/ hours of operations/etc) was very-very poor - it was impossible to look up anything without reconnecting for several minutes or giving up completely! There were two computers in the main lobby, but the hotel promises free internet IN A ROOM! So if you like staying connected with the world while traveling and making the itinerary according to the current weather ( or/and if you have teens with their toys) - this is not the place to stay. Breakfast was a very typical breakfast for this class of hotel. The noise from I-5 was quite strong ( investment in modern day windows could fix this problem). Why average should equal "poor" and be accepted as a standard? Average hotel should feel friendly to a budget-oriented client who is not looking for a first class experience but still has a right to feel good about the accommodation. And Best Western usually can provide this experience, but not this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I just stayed one night for work purposes. Nice clean room and facilities. Some of the exercise equipment could be upgraded, but it seemed to work okay. I didn't try the pool or spa, but they looked nice.
The breakfast was nice. The staff was friendly.
Location can't be beat being right next to I-5 and the on & off ramps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughters soccer team had a block of rooms reserved, with a signed contract stating we had until July 12 2013 to reserve our rooms. Calling to reserve on July 8th the rooms had been given away to another group. No response from management, told by the Nikki [--] that the Director of Sales ignored our contract and sold the rooms to another group. I have contacted the General Manager and Director of Sales and have not had a response. Do not give this organization any money. Pass the word do not give them any of your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Evergreen Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!