“Hotel stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Kotzebue
“Hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at this location from December 23-January 2nd. The elevator was not working the whole time we were there. The staff that had to bring us up to our floor was always nice. One day we went there and like they started cleaning our room then stopped. We had to ask for more towels and toilet paper. The next day we left kind of late and again didn't get our room cleaned while we were out that day. So had to ask for more towels. Then I called the front desk to ask what time do we have to be out by to get our room cleaned? They said well they are cleaning rooms all day. I ask well what time do they leave? They said they leave at 1:30.(I wanted to say till 1:30 is not all day!) So the next day we made sure we left earlier. Would be nice if they can let the hotel guest know what time we need to leave to get our room cleaned the following day. I was worried about how New Years Eve would be staying there. Wondering if it would be loud but it was nice and quiet which was nice. Wish they had the breakfast downstairs quit at a later time. The area where you can use the computer needs improving. One computer worked but not the printer. And the other computer didn't but the printer worked. Other then that the hotel stay was alright.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I (and our Black Lab) stayed in this hotel one night in a one-bedroom suite. It was great, since one of us likes to wind down with the TV, while the other likes to read in bed. The king bed was very comfortable, the buffet breakfast had lots of choices. The staff was friendly and helpful. As another reviewer mentioned, the elevator was operated by a staff member, since maintenance was required - it was like being back in time, when all elevators had an operator. Convenient acess to I-5 and the airport.

Room Tip: A room on the west side will have almost no freeway noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The room being divided into separate smaller rooms was a god-send. Teenage girls appreciated their privacy. Being.located right of the freeway around 20 minutes from sea-tacairport was also a plus. Way to go.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lewiston, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I reserved my room online for one night and paid for it ahead of time. When I checked in, they needed my credit card for "incidentals". Beginning the day after I checked out, I had several "Pending" charges on my card, that would drop off after a few days. I contacted the Best Western in Federal Way and the only response was "we don't have your card on file, so it can't be us" and they gave me the extension for their accountant, who did not return my call. About a week after my stay, I stopped receiving the "Pending" charges; however, I received one very large charge for more than $600. I contacted Best Western in Federal Way again and received the same response they gave me before. I told the person at the desk who answered that the accountant did not return my call and asked for a manager or supervisor. He did not know who his supervisor/manager was. I asked him who I could call above him to get this resolved; he told me to call the 1-800 number for best western and that is the corporate office. I then contacted corporate Best Western and was told that I would receive a refund within 7 days, but have yet to receive one. This whole issue has been ongoing for three weeks now. I finally had to contact my bank and start the dispute process. In the meantime, I still have the charge against my credit card. I am beyond frustrated and will NOT stay at another Best Western hotel again.

Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel was okay but the service was excellent! The elevator was broken at the time of myself and my husbands staycation but the man (Martine) who ran the elevator was so pleasant and accommodating he mad the idea of it being broken a joy! Almost like an Ole school elevator handler but with panache!! Thanks to you Martine, i didnt complain about the elevator or taking the stairs on occasion ( my choice completely).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family has been spending the Holidays at this property for years. The pool, restaurant and the proximity to the mall for shopping has been our standard for years. We will not be going back! The entire property is filthy. The pool is no longer maintained. The dishes in the restaurant to the sheets on the bed were as disgusting as I've seen anywhere. We had several rooms and all smelled like wet dog. When I tried to address it with management they had excuses but no resolutions. I don't know if there was a change in ownership or management but we won't be going back.

Room Tip: Inspect room before you settle in to ensure it is clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Evergreen Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!