“Very Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
Missoula, Montana
“Very Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and would go back again. While our room faced the freeway, we did not hear any road noise or noise from the hotel. We were on the top floor. There was plenty of space in the room, free WiFi and coffee to buy downstairs in the morning. You have to use your room key to start the elevator. Swipe the room key and then press your floor. The room was very clean and we would go back there again. Good jumping off point for the airport or downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have less noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Richmond
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location- lots of restaurants & stores nearby which is great for out-of-towners. Nice outdoor seating area in the back with heaters for brisk nights.

Was upgraded to a 1br suite for the night which had a nice sitting area. The room was a bit dated but comfortable for the night. I was slightly disappointed with the bathroom cleanliness- while the towels were fine, the floor/shower area could've used a more thorough cleaning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad that you enjoyed our great outdoor area and convenient location. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite upgrade. With 30 suites available, we love to upgrade our Marriott Rewards Elite members, frequent guests, and folks celebrating special occasions whenever possible.

I'm sorry to hear that the bathroom cleanliness was not up to our usual high standard during your stay. I assure you that we have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team. It is our goal to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience, from cleanliness to comfort to service. If I may be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. We appreciate your business!
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after we arrived at Sea-Tac at the start of our Olympic Peninsula vacation. Easily accessible and the cafe has amazing freshly prepared eggs, bacon and french toast. Eventhough near I-5 there was hardly any traffic noise. Within walking distance of several different restaurants and a great health food grocery store. We will return.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing Courtyard to begin your Olympic Peninsula vacation! I'm happy to hear that it was a great start. We take pride in our freshly prepared Bistro breakfast and dinner items, and I'm glad you and your family enjoyed them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Rooms are a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Staff are helpful. Breakfast is limited and not very exciting. Good stay for a business trip as it was central to work however I wouldn't recommend for travellers who are holidaying or wanting somewhere closer to central Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel is easily accessed off of I5. There are numerous restaurants in the area, including the Ram in the same parking lot and Black Angus just across the street. There is also lots of shopping just down the road as well including Home Goods, Ross, and TJ Maxx.

The bed was comfortable, it was a King. There was a sofa sleeper in the room as well but we didn't use that. It didn't appear to be very comfortable.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

The courtyard was nice with comfortable patio furniture.

I didn't have any complaints. Of course, I'd always like to pay less but it was definitely comparable with other hotels I had found online (except of course the kind that have doors that lead directly to the outside).

I just wish they had a microwave.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, cozy bed, and great location. We love being located next to so many great dining and shopping options, and our guests certainly appreciate the convenience. For your future stays, I'm happy to tell you that we do have microwaves available at no additional charge for our guests, upon request.

If I may be of assistance to you in the future, please fee free to contact me directly. Thanks for staying with us!

Jenny Vasquez
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was comfortable and clean, staff were very helpful and polite. Our suite was spacious and comfy, the beds were so comfortable. this is my 2nd stay, we was here in Jul 2012.
The hotel conveniently located in an area with a wide variety of options. In very quite area.
Always ask for a room in 8th or 9th floor on the high way side to enjoy the mount rainer view.
My kids enjoyed the pool.
Everything was perfect in this stay, but the Chinese lady in the lobby cafe was so rude, she treat ed my teenage daughter rudely, I called the manager to report the lady's attitude and she apologizes on behalf of her and asked me if she can offer me anything simply the manager was so nice and polite .
Overall it was a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Corner rooms # 1 in each floor like 801 or 401
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! Your tips regarding our beautiful views of Mount Rainier are right on target! We have the tallest building in Federal Way, and we do have some amazing views. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, but I wanted to add my apologies to my Operations Manager's regarding your daughter's experience with our Bistro associate. Your entire family should expect to receive nothing less than excellent service whenever you visit a Marriott hotel, and I assure you that we have addressed this issue with our team.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance to you in the future. We appreciate your repeat business, and hope that you will come visit us again next summer!

Jenny Vasquez
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here while visiting Seattle and Tacoma, so its location between the two was convenient. Right off the highway, so easy access. Typical Courtyard amenities. My king suite was two rooms, with a nice-sized living room with a kitchenette (small fridge, counter, sink, micro), a bedroom with its own 37" tv, and a big bathroom with a pool-sized Jacuzzi tub. Staff were friendly. The cafe was ok. My major gripe is one I always have with Courtyard - only USA Today for a paper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!