“Way Overpriced - Find a different hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Seattle Federal Way

You added Courtyard Seattle Federal Way to your Saves list
Courtyard Seattle Federal Way
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$10 Free F&B bucks
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Evergreen, Colorado
“Way Overpriced - Find a different hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I were on a three week road trip staying in hotels across the west. We ended up here due to a computer glitch at SeaTac which grounded flights and SeaFair (a Seattle festival) weekend. We tried to get a room in downtown Seattle at 8 pm, then SeaTac, and everything was booked. As we were a bit desperate, we called Marriott and asked for the closest available room to downtown Seattle. We ended up here, which is 19 miles south of Seattle in an area that should not have expensive rooms. A room with two queen beds cost $249, which was $100 more than it should have cost. It was also the first hotel on our road trip which didn't offer a complimentary continental breakfast.

The staff was friendly. The pool was nice. The fitness center was less than average. The hotel itself was nicely decorated. There was also a ginormous (larger than a 50 cent piece) dead spider on our bureau. This most likely happened after the room was cleaned, but it made us realize those spiders were in the room.

So, in summary, it was an average Marriott type hotel which was overpriced to the point I felt ripped off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing pool and wonderful service, but I am sorry to learn that everything did not live up to your expectations. I can imagine how disturbing it must have been to find a spider in your guest room! I assure you that their presence is not a usual occurrence here.

I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future, and take advantage of some of our great seasonal rates, including some wonderful packages that include breakfast. If I may be of assistance to you in any way, please feel free to contact me directly. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back

Jenny Vasquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Puyallup, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel in the area. Always great staff who are pleasant and efficient. Nice and clean lobby with relaxing atmosphere and food. The rooms are big and well planned. A great stat for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hello-
There is nothing seriously wrong with this hotel, however there is nothing seriously great about it either. The staff, rooms, fitnesss area, and common areas were all average at best.

The Pros-
Great location. This hotel is right off the I-5 just South of Seattle. There is shopping and a huge variety of dining options that are walkable.

It is a Marriott. If you are a Marriott person, this has a Marriott Courtyard sign out front and you will get your points.

It has a cool glass elevator that overlooks the back of the property and the Interstate.
It was quiet. I didn't hear the highway.

The Cons-
The rooms are tired- as is the fitness area. Both are dreary and drab.

Although the lobby is modern and happening, the rooms felt like a trip back to the mid 90s.

Normally I don't let price factor into the equation (price is something all parties are aware of before booking the room) but in this instance it is worth mentioning.

For some reason it was significantly more expensive than all the other hotels in the area. I was scheduled to stay two nights, but when I found out I could get into the hotel next door for $50/night less, I bolted. I gave the front desk a chance to give a discount on night two (10% would have done it), but they didn't move.

3 stars is labeled as "average", and thats the best I could give this place. Look elsewhere is the best advice I can give you- especially if the rate is high for the nights you are considering.

Room Tip: I was on the backside of the hotel-high floor. It was quiet and I had a foggy view of Mt. Ranier, b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Bid on this through Priceline. It was a great value for the price. The hotel is very nice with great rooms and beds. I'd definitely stay here again. I've stayed at most hotels in federal way except for the new Hampton inn. This is by far the nicest federal way hotel I've stayed in. Avoid the Clarion in Federal Way at all cost! Worth the extra $$$ to stay at the courtyard.

• Stayed August 2012
Villa Hills, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance, you are halfway between Seattle and Tacoma, and about a 15 minute drive to/from the airport. If there is one thing to complain about, it is the parking. The hotel shares a parking lot with an adjacent hotel, and they obviously tried to jam as many parking spots as possible in the lot. As a result, the parking spots are too small. This makes a lot of parking spots unusable. Outside of that, I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Centerville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stay here when traveling through the area. Staff is always great and courteous. They know where to eat in the neighborhood too. Don't care for any of the bistros in the new Courtyards but that was a corporate screwup in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013
Pacific Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Like most other Courtyards, this hotel was comfortable and clean, the staff very helpful and courteous. Our rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. I love the glass elevator. Have stayed here before and will stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!