“Great Location, Great Hotel soon...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way

Courtyard.com Orbitz.com
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
Layton, Utah
“Great Location, Great Hotel soon...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The location half way between Seattle and Tacoma is great for a sales guy like me....but the hotel is falling apart and it is being fixed as I write. I am a platinum member for Marriott and could not even get a upgrade here to a King bed due to rooms being redone. So see if the repairs and renovations are done yet. My 2 day experience had great service from the staff, I had a toilet that would not flush because it was a low flow toilet and I had to flush 3 times to get it to flush properly, Parking is no problem and it has tons of restaurants around it. The Bistro is really expensive even with a travel budget for food I avoid it. If you are here on Tuesday's or Thursday's Buffalo Wild WIngs is 2 blocks away and half price wings on those nights is a plus. I will stay here again but the need to get the rooms done quickly.

Room Tip: If you have a clear day the view of Mount Rainier is amazing from the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked 6 rooms for a family wedding visit and was totall pleased with our experience. The desk staff could not have been more attentive and overall the staff was very eager to please. It's a great location for points north or south. Would not hesitate to return if in the area again!

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We moved rooms 3 times . I was sweating the whole time they like to charge 100's for a room but they to save money on electricity by controlling your termastat . It was a mediocre room for a 4 star price . No free breakfast or coffee . And that nice oh " unfortunately " statement with every answer they give . Nice pool

• Stayed July 2012
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our pool, but sorry to hear that the rest of your stay did not live up to your expectations.

At Marriott the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. Each guest room does have an individual thermostat, which can be adjusted by our guests for their comfort. The feedback about your thermostat is very helpful, and I would be interested in learning more details regarding the issues you experienced so that I can address them properly.

We do provide complimentary in-room coffee for our guests, and I am happy to tell you that we have just purchased brand-new coffee makers for our rooms to refresh our guests' coffee experience and make it even more convenient. We are pleased to provide additional coffee at any time for guests who may need refills.

Please contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon.

(253) 529-0200
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a typical Marriott Courtyard which means it's probably better than most other properties around it. The good: Ideal location. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Nicely appointed rooms (I had a suite with a huge granite wet bar. The bad; This place is ready for another renovation. In my bathroom, the sink stopper would not stay closed and actually popped off when I tried to screw it down. The toilet had a slow leak causing the water to come on and off unexpectedly and I had a lot of trouble getting into the room because I had to slide it in only a certain way and slide out very slowly. This did not occur at the hotels outside doors but did occur with other key cards so it was obviously in the room door. That said, i find these very minor issues but it stops a five-dot review. The other: service was friendly and efficient, the computer in the lobby printed out my boarding pass very easily and the facility wasn't crowded during my stay.

Room Tip: High floors are ok, because the elevators are very fast.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly service, but I'm sorry to hear that you experienced plumbing issues in your room. I assure you that I have addressed this issue with my staff. I am pleased to tell you that we have a guest room renovation scheduled for the end of this year. I hope that your travels will allow you to visit us again and enjoy the updates!

(253) 529-0200
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. The service at check-in and the cafe were excellent. The room was super clean and comfy. The pool and gym area was great. Lots of complimentary things around. Well worth your money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, refreshing pool, and great service! I am happy to share your compliments with my team. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was as expected from these properties. Good price, nice amenities and helpful staff. I was in the Seattle area for 3 days on business and the staff were all accommodating, workout room was sufficient, and Cafe was there when I need a quick breakfast.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Even though I was on a business trip, I managed to explore the area around the hotel. After work I walked over to the shopping areas across the courtyard. There are little shops and a movie theater with $2-$4 specials. I went to the theater two times in my 3 days at the hotel! The hotel rooms are spacious, beds comfortable. The new Marriott look is nice with the modern decor. However, there is no "complimentary" breakfast of muffins, bagels, toast, etc. Now they have a small eatery that's open certain hours for a quick breakfast in the morning and evening for dinner. It was a good stay in Federal Way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!