“Typical Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Seattle Federal Way

You added Courtyard Seattle Federal Way to your Saves list
Courtyard Seattle Federal Way
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Huntsville, Alabama
“Typical Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a typical Marriott Courtyard which means it's probably better than most other properties around it. The good: Ideal location. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Nicely appointed rooms (I had a suite with a huge granite wet bar. The bad; This place is ready for another renovation. In my bathroom, the sink stopper would not stay closed and actually popped off when I tried to screw it down. The toilet had a slow leak causing the water to come on and off unexpectedly and I had a lot of trouble getting into the room because I had to slide it in only a certain way and slide out very slowly. This did not occur at the hotels outside doors but did occur with other key cards so it was obviously in the room door. That said, i find these very minor issues but it stops a five-dot review. The other: service was friendly and efficient, the computer in the lobby printed out my boarding pass very easily and the facility wasn't crowded during my stay.

Room Tip: High floors are ok, because the elevators are very fast.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly service, but I'm sorry to hear that you experienced plumbing issues in your room. I assure you that I have addressed this issue with my staff. I am pleased to tell you that we have a guest room renovation scheduled for the end of this year. I hope that your travels will allow you to visit us again and enjoy the updates!

Please contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon.

(253) 529-0200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. The service at check-in and the cafe were excellent. The room was super clean and comfy. The pool and gym area was great. Lots of complimentary things around. Well worth your money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, refreshing pool, and great service! I am happy to share your compliments with my team. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was as expected from these properties. Good price, nice amenities and helpful staff. I was in the Seattle area for 3 days on business and the staff were all accommodating, workout room was sufficient, and Cafe was there when I need a quick breakfast.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Even though I was on a business trip, I managed to explore the area around the hotel. After work I walked over to the shopping areas across the courtyard. There are little shops and a movie theater with $2-$4 specials. I went to the theater two times in my 3 days at the hotel! The hotel rooms are spacious, beds comfortable. The new Marriott look is nice with the modern decor. However, there is no "complimentary" breakfast of muffins, bagels, toast, etc. Now they have a small eatery that's open certain hours for a quick breakfast in the morning and evening for dinner. It was a good stay in Federal Way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here for a few days because of its proximity to where I needed to be. The hotel was well equipped, comfortable beds and clean. The shuttle is available to take you anywhere you want within a 5 mile radius which was really convenient - the drivers were really helpful and friendly too. Breakfast had good selection of more continental type items, some breakfast sandwiches. The restaurant was a little pricey for the area, but convenient and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nicely situated with views of Mt. Rainier to the east and the Olympic Mountains to the west. Inviting lobby where breakfast is served, rooms pretty standard, clean, nice TV. Very uncomfortable small couch seating. Bathtub dangerously slippery with only one grab rail under the shower head.

Room Tip: For better views choose the higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful mountain views and our lobby area!

At Marriott the safety and comfort of our guests is our top priority. The feedback about your bath tub is very helpful. We regularly contract an outside company to apply a slip-resistant coating to our tubs. I will contact them right away to discuss applying a new coat. We also have rubber bathmats available upon request. We’d be happy to supply one during your next stay.

(253) 529-0200
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My good friend decided I needed an excape to relax and enjoy a quiet evening and a long hot showere so she booked us a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way, it was perfect! Pool available, clean rooms, quiet environment and access to a great breakfast and coffee in the morning!

Room Tip: It was foggy outside but the view from the 7th floor was great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!