“Finding a hotel....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, Federal Way, WA 98003   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
Garfield, Arkansas
“Finding a hotel....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

At the end of our great adventures across WA, we ended up at this hotel in the Seattle area to fly my girlfriend home. At first we were going to stay just one night than move to a hotel closer to the airport for an early morning flight, but we loved this hotel and its location so much that we stayed 2 nights. The location is perfect, easy access off the hwy. It is in a shopping area that made it easy to go to a movie, shop, and dine...Clean, comfortable and great service is what we got for a pretty good rate, as they matched the lowest internet rate and welcomed us right on in...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Room was very clean, as well as the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and cushy, and the lobby itself was nice. We don't normally stay in hotels like this one, so to us it felt rather ritz. I believe we got a good room for the price.

• Stayed September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Staff was great. Beds were great. Across the parking lot is a strip mall containing an Indian restaurant, hair salon, and on the other side of the strip mall is a natural foods grocery store and a movie theatre. We asked for a room on the strip-mall side of the hotel because I didn't want to hear freeway noise, and we were placed on the 8th of 9 floors. What I didn't realize until we rode up in the elevators is that you can see Mount Rainier from the freeway side of the hotel on the higher floors.

Room Tip: If it's a nice day, ask for a high room on the freeway side if you want a view of Mount Rainier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Federal Way for work. It is right off the interstate that takes you right into the heart of Seattle. You have a lot of food choices nearby, as well as a movie theater. The hotel itself is nice and clean. They have a great indoor pool and jacuzzi. I recommend requesting a room that faces north if you are a light sleeper. The southern windows face the interstate and you can hear the traffic.

Room Tip: I recommend requesting a room that faces north if you are a light sleeper. The southern windows fac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Villa Hills, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for two weeks, and I can't complain about anything. I was privileged enough to be able to book one of the large corner suites with a bedroom and living room. The suite was awesome. I would imagine it would be perfect for a family with kids. I found the bed to be very comfortable, and an unexpected surprise was a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The rooms are also equipped with sound proof windows, and they work wonders. The hotel is directly in the flight path of SeaTac and I promise you will never hear the planes if the windows are closed. As far as location, this hotel is situated right off of Interstate 5, and a mere 10-15 minute drive from airport. Right next door there is a restaurant/bar (which I will also be reviewing) that is open until 2AM. There are also several other restaurants, a mall, and two movie theaters all within walking distance of the hotel. The fitness center is nice for a hotel fitness center. They do have free weights which is virutally unheard of in hotels. The cardio equipment is updated and new. One suggestion I might add to improve the fitness center is a scale. It says a lot about a place if you can stay for two weeks and not have a complaint about anything (staff, amenities, room, etc.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I selected this hotel based on what was available in the Marriot brand based on a rewards stay. Needless to say, my expectations weren't high, but since I was only planning on staying for a few nights, I didn't mind. Imagine my pleasure when I walked in the front doors after a 12 hour drive to be greeted by an amazing staff! I was offered an upgrade to the top floor, got to play a little rubber ducky game (won more points! Yay!), and was given a tour of the new lobby, bistro, and business center. The elevator ride was nice, with the glass walls, it offered a nice view outside. The room was great, with a separate bedroom with views from both sides, a spacious living area, a big bathroom with a spa tub, a nice kitchenette space, with mini-fridge, microwave, sink, and a coffee maker. My husband (who usually gripes about all my travel) was thoroughly appreciative of my reward points for this stay! I was also thrilled about the Starbucks full-service in the lobby. Even after regular hours, all the staff are trained baristas, so I did not have to go without my Grande Americano, and my husband without his Triple Venti Mocha! :)

The only slight issue was the parking, when we would come back to the hotel at night, the lots were VERY full! The last night, we had to park at the neighboring restaraunt...I imagine it must have been a very busy weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mankato, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Use the GoBoard it has great information it’s kind of like a 55" ipad in the lobby for anyone to use. The staff at this hotel was amazing and I want to thank them for a great stay. The staff members that I would like to applaud are Emma, Christy, Jessica and Brean I think they do a fabulous job running this Hotel! Brandon, Noah, and Sarah Jane at the front desk were always there anytime you needed them with a smile on their face. Mimi in the bistro was fun to talk to at night while enjoying dinner!

If i need accommodations in Federal way in the future this is where I will stay

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Mt. Ranier
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!