“Best Steak and BBQ in the South Puget Sound!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: American
Lakewood, Washington
“Best Steak and BBQ in the South Puget Sound!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My family and I eat at Jimmy Mac's a few times a month. This place has the best steaks around! Always perfectly grilled and juicy. My favorite is the ribeye. It's also a fun place for the kids because they can eat peanuts and throw the peanut shells right on the floor. My kids love that! Prices aren't too bad either.

Federal Way, Washington
“Food wasn't so great; staff very attentive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I met some relatives here yesterday.You start off with peanuts on the table; you crack them and throw the shells on the floor. They bring rolls and butter which are delish! I wasn't very hungry so I got a small King of the Road salad. It was drenched in dressing, soggy and tasteless. My stepmom had a different salad, not sure which one but she said it was drenched in salad dressing as well. I didn't finish mine and the waitress asked if I wanted a box. I said no, I didn't like it. She offered me something different, I declined. My aunt ordered the coconut prawns and they were very good.

I had a Pear Cocktail and it was refreshing.

The waitress did not charge me for the salad, which was great customer service. So although I didn't like the food, I would be willing to go back and try something else next time.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Good, fun place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the few restaurants in which everyone in my family can find something they like to eat. The food is always good, we go through lots of rolls, and my only real complaint is the teensy little portion sizes of their side dishes. They are too good to only get a little plastic cup half full - literally just a few bites. Fix that, and we would eat there more often.

Seattle, Washington
“Great happy hour although service is sub-par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I've often come here to Jimmy Mac's for their rolls as well as their happy hour which is throughout the restaurant not just the bar.

I love that it's never super busy & you can always get a table or booth. It can fit large parties & I love their rolls & caesar salad.

Their happy hour menu has been expanded to include new food items which is always great.

One downside though is the waitstaff always seems disinterested & forgets to bring a refill or to check on you. I walked in on a Monday night to a mostly empty restaurant and was told to wait for someone to seat me while he went to the back to talk to his co-worker.

I couldn't understand how someone would leave a customer to go socialize. When I finally was seated, I waited for my friends to arrive and then placed our food & drink orders.

My order was ribeye sliders was wrong as they put cheese on it and it had to be sent back to the kitchen. The waitress came to apologize but she didn't perform too well throughout the night.

She kept forgetting to bring our refills of drinks and at one point didn't come back for 30mins.

I'd come for the cheap eats (my bill as under $10 for beer and sliders) but definitely don't expect amazing service or people who care if you're left waiting.

• Visited April 2011
Tacoma
“Love them rolls!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Jimmy Mac's rolls are to die for! Their signature sweet yeast rolls are oh, so good! The atmosphere is roadhouse theme complete with the complimentary peanuts in a barrel at the front and shells chucked on the floor. The steaks are standard fare, the BBQ was pedestrian (seek out Porters in Tacoma for authentic BBQ), the shrimp was standard fare, and the pulled pork was sweet with a slight kick. I ordered the T-bone and it was cooked to order, which is difficult since I ordered it rare and in most places it either comes cold & blue or medium. My wife ordered the Prime Rib which was a bit on the fatty side. The waitress appologized and asked if she wanted complimentary desert-nice. The service was decent, though could have been better considering it was not that crowded.

Be advised this is another place where the food is extremely high in sodium, so unless you are used to eating this type fare, you may be in for a shock, definitely not for anyone on a low sodium diet. Overall a good choice for steak with a fun themed atmosphere.

• Visited November 2010