“Great Quality, Price, and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Quality, Price, and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here during the holidays while visiting friends and family. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. I didn't know Hampton was connected with Hilton and the staff gladly looked up our honors number so we could get points for our stay even though we didn't have our membership card with us. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge which was very helpful for storing bottled drinks and our restaurant leftovers. The shower was very clean and very easy to use, just need to turn up the knob higher than you might think to get hot water. The bed was a good firmness and included down-like pillows. I'm a side sleeper and needed a more firm pillow and the staff quickly responded with a foam pillow that worked much better. Breakfast was included and provided a large array of choices including cereal, fruit, bagels and toast, oatmeal, and a daily rotation of hot items like sausage, potatoes, and eggs. I loved being able to get hot drinks in the lobby at any time of day. The location was perfect for our day trips to Seattle and Tacoma (without traffic only 20 minutes to each). Parking is free and the hotel is located right off the major freeway I-5 and perfectly located off the Federal Way shopping area filled with gas stations, restaurants, shops, and convenient stores like Target should you forget something. Can't say enough about what a perfect place this is to stay for anyone. My husband and I say lots of families with kids as well as businessmen and women. No doubt we will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fife, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We take the kids to a hotel in Federal Way every year so we are close to home but still get away. We typically stay at the Courtyard Marriott (Very Nice) and decided last year to try the Best Western (Bad Move). This year we wanted to give the Hampton Inn a shot and we are so glad we did. The pool and hot tub were warm, the rooms were clean and it was nice to see the attention to detail.

The front desk staff were very helpful. Of course the location is very convenient. Now that the Ram opened up next door it is nice to have a good restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: We asked to be as high as possible and not face I-5 freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took my 10 year old to Tacoma for the How to train your dragon show. The hotel is in a nice location. Traffic getting into the hotel off the main street was awful. Took me 20 minutes from the off ramp to the hotel. Maybe 1 mile or so. That was on a Saturday at 3:00 pm. It wasn't better anytime else as we went back and forth. Check in was nice, very friendly staff. Got to the room and thought it was a little small. I reserved a king bed with sofa sleeper. The furniture in the room had stains on them, not to appealing. Watch where you sit, I guess. Breakfast was good, your typical hotel free breakfast. All in all it's a nice hotel, I would stay here again if up in the Seattle area. Not bad, just didn't get that wow feeling.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel or you will get freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sykocus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Staff was very attentive almost to a fault. Rooms were well maintained. Location was good. Lots if resterants and shopping near by. Wifi was free and reliable. Would stay again....

• Stayed December 2012
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my granddaughter. Our room was impeccably clean, as was all areas of the hotel we saw. We swam in the pool which was next to a workout area. The beds were very comfortable and our room quiet even though near elevator and freeway. The breakfast had a lot of great options, more than we're used to, and really delicious. Coffee/tea was available in the lobby at all times. Besides the clean room, what I really appreciated was the friendly attentive staff. Each different person I spoke with made me feel like I was the most important guest. Only one thing I could possibly offer a suggestion on, and it's only because I went to the pool & swam. Please get towels for the pool area that aren't like treebark or rough sandpaper. Other than that, I'd say someone in management knows what they are doing here and the employees care. Thanks! I will now be purposely looking for Hampton Inns when I need to travel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 326 & had easy access to elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

One of my favorite hotels when I have to stay near Tacoma. This is one of the newer properties in the chain. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. It's conveniently located right off the freeway (little noise however) and there are plenty of dining options within a mile of the hotel. I usually get upgraded to the nicer suites when I stay here because of my Diamond status as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here 3 times during August, September and October. Great location, near numerous restaurants (try the Ram, walking distance and good food), easy access and clean. I appreciated the security provided by Jim and consider this a particulary safe environment. Tuesday and Wednesday receptions were a special treat. What makes this Hampton Inn special is the front desk. Cheerful, welcoming, engaging and helpful. Special mention of Alysia I. Taking the time to remember names of returning guests, a smile every time she sees you and always asking "is there anything I can do" makes this Hampton special. In my experiemce, this Hotel is one I will remember fondly and book every time I am in the Seattle area. Thanks to GM Ryan Miller, you have a fine house and an excellent team!

Room Tip: Ask for room on west side, less background noise from freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way? Share your experiences!