“Your typical Hampton Inn -- which is a good thing.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rancho Mirage, California
“Your typical Hampton Inn -- which is a good thing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

One of the best things about Hampton Inns is that they always live up to expectations (well, at least mine). Good service, very clean and nice rooms, good breakfast. It's not the Four Seasons, but it's a good night's stay for sure. This location had the added advantage of having an indoor pool and spa. Another advantage is its location -- right next to I-5, next to a movie theater and loads of restaurants. It's only about 10 minutes to Sea-Tac, so if you're flying out you don't have to endure the typical airport hotel. It's a good place to stay and I'd do it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the freeway. It's a better view and I'm s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saltspring Is.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Situated just off the Interstate highway but far enough away to not hear the traffic. We were given excellent directions to the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms have everything needed for our 3 night stay ;flat screne TV, fridge, iron, microwave,coffee maker , free Wi Fi, and a hot and cold breakfast every morning as well as free coffee in the lobby all day. In door pool and hot tub as well as a gym on site. Restaurants are close by as well as a mall .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Federal Way the middle of June 2012. The hotel's decor is an upscale modern feel. We stayed in a king suite and couldn't believe the room for the price we paid. We were on the 4th floor and had a gorgeous view of Mt.Rainer. We would have paid double for the room. It was extremely roomy and comfortable. As much as we LOVED our room, we LOVED the front desk worker "Joanna" even better. I have worked at 2 hotels at the front desk, and I have to say...she would have kicked my butt in going above and beyond...and I was great at my job :) Any question we had were answered to the fullest. We asked if there were any restaurants in the area that delivered and she proceeded to hand us menus from the restaurants she knew as well as tell us her own experiences with the food. When we asked if there were any Chinese restaurants that delivered, she pulled up different places in the area on her computer, called them, found out if they delivered, the amount of food we had to buy in order to deliver, and then allowed us to use her internet to pick from the online menu. She even called us when she heard that a car had left its lights on to make sure it wasn't ours. We have NEVER had such amazing service at any hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying anywhere close to Federal Way, and if you are lucky enough to meet Joanna...you will have the most pleasant stay..I promise!! We will be returning to this hotel and can't wait to see Joanna again. (Joanna, I hope you get the chance to read this review because you made our time at your hotel..priceless...Thank you!! J&J)

Room Tip: Our room was a King Suite that faced the freeway. The freeway is barley able to be heard and if you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel is small, the employees are all friendly, going above and beyond to accommodate. The rooms are huge, with fridges, and coffee maker. Indoor pool is great, and breakfast is included. Hot coffee and tea is available 24/7 and fresh cookies in the evening. Great for families, great location near mall, restaurants. Downtown Seattle is only a 15-20 min drive. Will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2012
Plano TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my niece in Tacoma. It was close to the highway, convenient to the airport and midway between Seattle and Tacoma. There is a grocery across the street and multiple restaurants. I mainly slept here, enjoyed the morning breakfast and then was running around the city but the room was clean and quiet. I was at the end of the hall which probably helped but I could not hear any noise from other rooms. The bed is very comfortable. Free internet was a bonus since I was uploading photos and posting to facebook. I loved the morning breakfast.. It is more than a continental/ all carb meal. We had eggs and sausage, cheese omelettes.... and sufficient quantities to satisfy the swimming teams who were also staying there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for just one night on our way down to Portland, OR. We were very pleased with everything at this hotel. It was very clean and modern with a decent breakfast included. The hotel staff were friendly and the check in was quick and efficient. We were very pleased and would definitely stay here again. Just as a footnote- this hotel is only 16 months old so everything is still bright and new!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a discount if you are a AAA member!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to the freeway entrance, and within short walking distance to various restaurants and a shopping center. It was our first stay there, and everything looked really new, modern, and clean. We were on the second floor, facing the freeway. So I was worried about the noise. But it was very quiet throughout our stay (did not hear anything), and if I did not look out the window, would not realize we were close to a freeway. The room is spotless! Housekeeping must be doing a wonderful job. I overheard another guest talking to the front desk praising how great the house keeping staff cleaned their room. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way? Share your experiences!