“Lots of fun and options for all ages” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 13 Attractions in Federal Way
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Waves Theme Park offers 70 acres of rides, slides, shows, and attractions. Enjoy TWO parks in ONE place for ONE price at Washington's Only Water and Theme Park!
Seattle, Washington
20 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun and options for all ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a fabulous time! I Highly recommend going to Wild Waves and Enchanted Village! It has everything you need to enjoy a day in the sun in Seattle. The village part is well shaded in the tree making it comfortable during the hot summer days and the wave park has something for all ages. We really enjoyed ourselves. We did spend the extra money for the cabana and felt it was worth it for 2 families with little ones. But if you plan on going often the cabana is a spendee habit. There really is a ton of patches of grass you can grab just depending on where you want to sit. If chairs are important and shade, get there before the park opens to get in line. There is very limited shade near the pools and all the chairs will go within the first 20 mins of the gates opening. Good idea to consider when you go is to pack a cooler full of lunch and drinks in your car. And head out during the day for a tailgate. They give you a stamp so you can come back in. This can save you money on food. Also there will typically be at least one ride not working but I think that is par for the course for amusement parks. Bring coins for lockers. Have fun!

Visited August 2013

Salem, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“Love, with a few drawbacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I guess I expect some drawbacks to parks like this. What keeps this from getting 5 stars is:

Crazy expensive food, that is just okay, when you are not allowed to bring your own in.
Pop from machine cost $3.50 and it took me 30 tries to get my dollar bills to go through.
No umbrellas on the tables in the food area in the amusement area.
No way to purchase anything without having to go get your wallet out of locker if you are doing water rides.
A couple rather steep areas in the park.

With that said, we love this place! We have been 3 times and are starting to figure out what works, and what doesn't.

Like others have said, you can go to your car to eat. Make sure and get your hand stamped. We set up "home base" in the grass with our towels, as we had teens that ran around separate from us. You must have a plan, as you will not have your cell phones, wallet, camera, etc. if you are all doing the water rides.

We get a locker for valuables, and decided on this last trip to carry a few items that we could live without if had to put down for a ride and it got stolen.

We wear flip-flops and either take them off at the ride, or hold them in our hands on the water ride. Have yet to loose a flip-flop on a ride. But, I would have an extra pair, just in case. Plus, the amusement rides want you to at least be wearing flip-flops on the rides.

We love all of the water rides and rode the coasters several times. Compared to the rides at the Oregon State Fair, this is 10 times better and worth every penny. (underline and bold if I could here)

To anyone in management reading this: A way to scan a bracelet to make purchases would make a huge difference. You don't allow food in, and our teens have no way to carry money. And getting a separate locker just to stash some cash and maybe a phone is ridiculous. There must be a better way. You have a great park, but a few tweaks would make a huge difference.

Visited September 2013
Portland metro area
13 attraction reviews
“Water Park mid summer 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I purchased tickets on line which shaved a few bucks off the price. We visited on a Tuesday in later July 2013 and arrived at 1pm with the park opening at 11am that day. Yes we paid for parking. I met a season pass holder while there and she states you have to get there early, 8:30 am, for the 11am opening if you want a lounge chair. This particular day the weather was perfect and although the park was busy it wasn't overly crowded. This park reminds me a bit of Oaks Park in Sellwood or Enchanted Forest in Salem, which are both in Oregon. Meaning the park has a home grown, mom and pop feel to it. A little old and a little worn but still a good time can be had.

The good:
Great slides
10yo child loved the lazy river and the wave pool
It's outdoors (opposed to indoor water parks, which I don't like as much)

The Bad
Bathrooms are a little grungy
The paved asphalt ground hurts bare feet (you can not wear shoes on the slides)
Food in the park, avoid it.
The entrance wasn't well marked for parking
There is one water fountain that is not well located.

Suggestions
Tailgate in the parking lot. Many families bring coolers and chairs and have lunch at their cars. You can get a hand stamp to get in and out of the park as much as you want.
If you don't want to bring your own food, west of the park there is a shopping area with lots of restaurant choices which you can drive to (not walking distance). We had a much better dinner there for less money than what we had for lunch in the park.
It appeared that you can bring you own chairs into the park. So bring chairs as the chance of getting a lounge chair are very slim.
VISIT ON A WEEKDAY
Check Costco for tickets during high summer. After my trip I discovered they had two tickets for 52 dollars which is at least 10 dollars off the website ticket price.
Wear river shoes or water socks. I saw people wear these on the slides. Looks like the tight fitting soft sock type foot covers are allowed. NOT sandals, crocks, or flip-flops. This will protect feet from the sharp asphalt surface.

I Shelled out a good bit of money on a locker and really bad food. If you can figure out how to avoid a locker and food, a family of four would spend about $140 for four tickets and parking for a day trip. If you plan to visit more than once a year a season pass might make more sense (I think you can put your day ticket cost toward a season pass while you are there). We traveled from Portland, Oregon arrived at 11am and stayed till closing at 7pm than spent the night in the local area. I guess you could try make it a day trip from Portland but it would be a lot of driving. This place fit the bill for filling a summer day with fun. We would go again.

Visited July 2013
OLYMPIA
35 attraction reviews
“Great Water Attraction with lots of rides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place to go. Especially if you spring for the annual pass or get in on a discounted day. There are many water rides and dry rides, and the park is pretty clean overall.

Visited July 2013
Lacey, Washington
17 attraction reviews
“Went for amusement park side”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I took my kiddo here for the first time this year. We went to see what the amusement park side is like and to see if a season pass would be worth it next year. The amusement park side is really 2nd to the water park - basic rides but not all that much for little kids. They take your kids height seriously, all are measured and out of luck if too short OR tall so check how many things they can ride before you go. A few decent roller coasters, log ride, bumper cars and fun rides I've not seen before like a glider you lay down on to fly around and nuce downhill inner tube. Go when it opens if doing rides, we did everything we wanted due to short lines within 2 hours. If you have anyone in your group with trouble walking, wheel chair, cane etc this is a tough park to go to as it is super hilly. It is not worth one day cost for amusement side alone, but probably a good buy for the waterpark plus rides. A season pass is a good deal if you will really use it. Workers were excellent, super helpful and paying close attention to guests and riders.

Visited August 2013