“It was OK” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 things to do in Federal Way
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Waves Theme Park offers 70 acres of rides, slides, shows, and attractions. Enjoy TWO parks in ONE place for ONE price at Washington's Only Water and Theme Park!
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would say that my experience with Wild Waves was a fun one but there were a few things that were a definite turn off. Here is my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
-For the month of June the tickets were only 14.99 per person.
-Rides were fun and there seemed to be something for everyone to enjoy.
-For the most part the park was cleanish.
-The workers seemed helpful.
-They did let you ride one of the roller coasters twice before getting off. (But it was a very short ride)

Cons:
-If I hadn't gone in June when tickets were cheaper I would say it wouldn't be worth the money. Most of the dry rides were the carnival type rides and were just kind of blah. The water rides and water park did make up for this.
-Even though the park offers tube rentals and locker rentals, the prices for them are outrageous. (About 15 dollars each) I would advise you to not rent tubes. They provide tubes for you for the rides anyway. The only thing nice about having a tube is not having to wait in the line to get a tube. I would gladly wait in line for a tube instead of paying for one.
-The absolute worst part of the day was the walking from one slide to the next. They require NO shoes on the water rides but the pavement is rocky and hurts to walk on. My feet came back with bruises and scratches. NOT OK. Someone could really get hurt. They need to smooth it out somehow in order for people to enjoy themselves walking around.
- The pricing of the food was also outrageous. So eat before you go because you can't bring food in.

All in all we had a good time. It was nice to feel like a kid again. I would say if you are in the area that it is something fun to do for a day. But I also would say I am satisfied with my one trip and wouldn't need to go back again.

Visited June 2013

Frankfurt
4 attraction reviews
“Felt like a kid again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

There's a little something for everyone! It was a blast to go with my daughter (4yrs old), godson (11yrs old), and adult friends. It easily entertains for a half day and wanted more time. And the lifeguards were personable and took their job seriously. Special thanks to AJ for his assurances to my godson regarding the Riptide ride, putting him at ease.

Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
11 attraction reviews
“All right, still fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We came on a rainy day, so the lines were really low, but most of the rides were still open. The water was just still a little cold for it being cold outside.

Visited August 2012
Lynnwood
30 attraction reviews
“Good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

So, it's kind of expensive and at times crowded. Like most parks it has lockers, bathrooms, tube rentals, food drinks, some carnival games and dry rides.
Most people take a chair and trust their stuff on it and hope for nothing bad to happen while they are playing. We always take turns watching the stuff.
Parking lot is big, dusty and also $$.

Just remember ( in cooler weather) that if you get wet and cold that you should change before going on dry rides.

We also pack coolers and eat in the car on a break.

If you go...... stay the whole time to get your moneys worth.

Visited July 2012
Langley City, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Good Family fun, minus the drunks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I took my 3 girls here thinking it was a win=win. One daughter wanted water slides while the other 2 wanted amusement park,so this offered both. Girls ranged in age from 10 -18. They had a blast. I found the park to be a little run down and because it's in the middle of a treed area lots of tree debris all over(which you would expect) and mildew(kids don't seem to care). It is also expensive however if you search the internet you can find cheaper tickets. Safeway and costco both sell cheaper tickets but it is seasonal so just call them before you go to see if they have them,we just stopped at costco on our way there and picked up tickets. The one major complaint I have with this place is that it's licensed.(they serve alcohol). This is a family place and I'm sure adults can go a few hours without drinking. We saw at least 5 people getting kicked out for alcohol related issues. A fight broke out in front of us while we were in line for a waterslide and I grabbed my kids and the kids in front of me and pulled them behind so that when fists were flying they wouldn't accidentley get hit. So there were long line-ups for the water slides now throw in some drunk people guess what, there will be problems. Expect long lines on a hot day! Lockers are very expensive. Get rid of the alcohol, clean it up a bit and this would be 5 stars!!

Visited August 2012