“Don't stay there” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
“Don't stay there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay was alright , I definatley wouldn't choose this hotel again monique was very friendly front desk, and just as an fyi it's not professional for your guests to know everything about what goes on behind the desk, especially an assistant manager to do things like that not setting a good example for your staff, the breakfast food was so so, and the room was some what accommodating, the kitchen, I also did notice alot of people that wander in the parking area, I think some security would be a could suggestion, other than those few.concerns, I would only stay there if you had too

• Stayed January 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do our best to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and that any serious concerns are addressed immediately, while making sure our guests do understand that this is a shared living facility and therefore some guests who are in and out at various hours of the evening. We have, however, addressed this with our team to be aware of any individuals we don't recognize. While we want all of our guests to have the same home-away-from-home experience, we understand that there are occasional limitations. I apologize for any concern this caused you during your stay and assure you that we are doing our best to ensure this is no longer an issue.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
In closing, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with Monique's customer service and will forward the complement to her. Thank you again for your feedback and if you would like to contact me to follow up or for any future needs please feel free to do so at sfw@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Federal Way over the holidays while visiting family. We couldn't be more happy with the hotel. Kelly Smith, the Assistant General Manager, was especially wonderful to us. Every time I asked for anything, she answered with "Of course!", and accommodated all of our needs. The room was comfortable and clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were on the third floor, and never heard other guests in the hotel. Very quiet and peaceful.its also close to lots and lots of shopping and restaurants. My parents, who are in their 70's, have also stayed here for long periods of time, and Kelly was above and beyond helpful to them. We would definitely stay again. Thanks, Kelly!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words about Kelly. We always love to hear positive feedback about our team, and it is made more special when a guest takes the time to point out a particular individual and share the positive impact they made. I'm so pleased to hear that both you and your parents had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed here several times while on business and have really enjoyed my visits. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable and they have the basics you need to have a little home away from home and I have always felt safe. The staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and are SUPER friendly... always a joy to come in with a heartfelt "welcome back!"after being out for appts, etc. Any problems are quickly resolved in a professional manner and a smile. The guy who does the repairs is very helpful and both he and the housekeepers are very accommodating at working around your schedule. The internet is fine, wish the TV cable had better channels instead of all the sports ones, and would LOVE it if they had an ice machine, automatic doors but all in all... I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

As for Melinda M's review... yes you can hear some noise from other rooms but it is nothing unbearable, I actually rarely heard anything unless I was in the hallway. There was a family staying while I was there that let their kids run all over the hotel making lots of noise, knocking on random doors etc (on Christina's shifts only, hmmmmm) and they also left their door propped open while the TV was on full blast, blow driers going, etc... so maybe "Malinda" is just a little bent out of shape that she has been asked to play nice with others?

Room Tip: The south end is a bit quieter and smells less of smoke in the hallways.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Seattle - Federal Way. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Cranky customers. They complain about everything like hair dryers being on, being able to hear the tv, every single THING! Maybe when u check in here, you should have to sign a waiver reminding you that people still have to live and the walls are not the thickest, most soundproof and that you MAY hear people LIVING from time to time. Good luck if you have kids and they make ANY noise! lol The nicest worker here is Christina. She works at night. We love her! She is the best.

Room Tip: Come in the night Monday-Friday because Christina is there she is the nicest. She works from 6:30 to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that you have had trouble with receiving noise complaints. We do our best to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and that any serious concerns are addressed immediately, while making sure our guests do understand that this is a shared living facility and therefore some noise will be heard from room to room. I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with our customer service. Thank you again for your feedback and if you would like to contact me to follow up or for any future needs please feel free to do so at sfw@extendedstay.com.
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We would have preferred to find a furnished apartment for a month, but could not. Our room was just as you see in the photos. The bed and pillows are comfortable, the padded headboard attached to the wall is nice if you want to sit up. Two plates, bowls, mugs, cups, forks, spoons, small and medium saucepan, colander, two burner stove, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, smaller full size fridge. Faucet has a Pur filter attached. cutting board is glass. You might want to have some additional cooking items if you plan to use the kitchenette part. Fortunately, there is a Trader Joe's nearby to aid in putting together a meal using prepped ingredients. Instant oatmeal is available in the morning along with oranges, apples and coffee/tea.

It's quiet and with the windows closed we don't hear the jets coming into SeaTac. The compressor in the A/C unit is noisy with a vibrations when it kicks in. Cable channel selection is weak unless you stick to the ESPN channels or Fox. If you have a laptop, bring an HDMI cable and plug in to the flat screen TV. No complaints on wireless speed. Friendly staff.

Excellent value in comparison with other hotels. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
"I would like to take a moment to thank you for sharing your experience at Extended Stay America Seattle - Federal Way. I am happy to hear that our rooms offered everything you needed during your stay and that our central location was of benefit to you. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to contact me for any future needs at sfw@extendedstay.com."
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Smoking room would not ventilate for two days.
Lacked potions lotions and notions.
Not even a hair dryer!?
People hanging in lobby and parking lot at all hours.
Certainly not a good idea for a family.
Easy access to freeways,restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

In response to your comments about the ventalation unit, we are in the process of inspecting all in-room ventalation units and are making necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

In regards to the concern of guests hanging around the lobby and parking lot at all hours, we have addressed this with our team. While we want all of our guests to have the same home-away-from-home experience, we understand that there are limitations. I apologize for any concern this caused you during your stay and assure you that we are doing our best to ensure this is no longer an issue.

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way? Share your experiences!