“Good,clean comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Good,clean comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

stayed one night in with October 2014 and found it to be clean, quiet and comfortable, internet was so poor we gave up trying and the coffee isn't 24hrs like advertised and when we asked for coffee we were told no. Budget hotel did what it was supposed to and provided a bed and shower cant complain for the price but if you depend on internet for work etc don't stay here.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Nice, clean room and a quiet night's rest. This place was convenient and we got a great rate. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly, even went to our room when I had trouble with the lock.

Overall a good place to stop just outside of Seattle.

Stayed September 2014
Emmaus PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I had requested a Non Smoking room for a family vacation using points due to my Asthma and it clearly states it on our Profile with Choice Hotels for the last 12 years Non-smoking Always! Not Only did I get a smoking room but the entire Hall on the 3rd floor has the smoking smell my asthma immediately flared up! My son immediately requested a change and NO change would available that night had to wait till PM the next day. plus calling Choice Hotels didn't help in any way to resolve this issue except for my request to get out of this hotel. We ds get changed next day but a bit late now my asthma was an issue! Plus when this was booked with a representative via phone I was told they had a hot breakfast that was a big joke 2 kinds of cereal 1 was trix other was Bran, oranges, Danishes no bagels, no anything hot except coffee! No juice either. When I checked out of this Hotel receptionist informed me she (Andrea) was TOTALLY aware that there was a smoker in our Room prior to us checking in... Wow what a horrible experience !

Stayed August 2014
WA168, Manager at Econo Lodge Federal Way, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
I am sorry to hear about what has happened with the smoke from other rooms going into the hallways. This property has recently gone under new ownership and the new ownership is in the process of eliminating all of the smoking rooms, that way this problem does not happen again. I do not know why you were told we have a hot breakfast, but I truly am sorry that you were misinformed about that.

Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Federal Way is a pretty decent or pretty terrible place. Get the top 5 or so on TA you're golden, otherwise you'll end up at somewhere close to, but not quite as bad as this Econolodge. In most cases the top 5 are booked solid, so best be prepared.

As for the Hotel itself the staff were friendly and helpful at the desk, but that's about the only pro.

Otherwise expect unwashed towels, tacky ragged decor and furniture. Garbage cans and desks filled with wrappers and unfinished food, uncleaned, unmade, and clearly previously occupied bed sheets, and finally an obvious truckers poured out morning coffee from yesterday in the sink.

Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed August 2014
Herb S, Manager at Econo Lodge Federal Way, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
PugeSounder,

I am sorry to hear about your stay at the Econo Lodge, and that it was unpleasant for you. Our housekeeping staff will need to make sure that each room is up to guests standards. I am very sorry that you had to experience this.

Managment
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The room was clean, the breakfast was good. The location was excellent, could have not been better. The price was on spot. And i could not find any issues. Housekeeping and front desk very well trained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Overall, the hotel room I stayed in was very clean, just one stray hair on the bed sheets. However, the toilet and shower were clogged in the bathroom. Yikes! And the knob on the sink fell right off when I went to turn on the water. I only needed a place to crash, so it worked very nicely for my budget. Best price in town, but I was disappointed on the amenities. I was however, very impressed with the front desk staff as they agreed to jump start my car the next morning when I discovered my battery died. I ended up making it to a repair shop, and I was very grateful they helped me out! Keep up the great service!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel was very clean, affordable and the staff was friendly and accomodating. When I read some of the reviews, I almost didn't book it. Glad I didn't listen. The furniture is a little old but the bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned, bed made and towels replaced daily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Federal Way? Share your experiences!