“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Federal Way
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just recently stayed and had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights and it was really nice. The buffet in the morning was really good and it was included with the rooms which was amazing. The Housekeeping staff were really nice and do a great job of upkeep. I really want to thank Lou ann who checked us in. She was SUPER NICE !! What a genuinely nice person made us feel really welcome. We also loved the convenience to so much in the area such as shopping and other food establishments. We really felt at home. Thanks to the Staff for doing such a great job and we will definitely be back !! I have worked in the Hospitality Industry for 33 years and I can appreciate the great job these people do.

Room Tip: We had a rooms on the 3rd floor away from the elevator and vending machines it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I arrived at 4:15 on a Thursday, my room was not ready. The "quiet" room I requested turned out to be directly across from the elevator, so I accepted a lower category room, which I also had to wait for. The complimentary coffee was empty. The room was poorly laid out. When I turned on the hot water tap the handle fell off. I observed a room cleaner down the hall place a pillow on the hall floor! There are many restaurants and hotel choices close by.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Foster City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Kayla, the general manager was so gracious, I couldn't believe it. She took my name and said she would call me if any rooms became available and she did and there were rooms and it was my birthday and she left a note for a free drink with a happy birthday message on it. She went so above and beyond, I was amazingly pleased.

Room Tip: She gave me a wonderful room. I asked for upstairs and away from the elevator and she did it all.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

found a hot-wire deal for only $75. This is a really cool place, rooms are spacious, neat, nice and tidy. The location is primo and the staff is extra friendly. nothing to complain! Happy to recommend based on many various factors.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our second time staying and we were reasonably pleased. I had booked in March for July. A few weeks before I called to confirm. A good thing too, as the date had been mistakenly booked for February. (People book a year ahead?) Melissa was very friendly and helpful and rebooked us, but was not able to match the rate we had first been given, but marked us down for a view room. When we arrived, I mentioned that we had asked for a view room. The woman at the reception desk was EXTREMELY rude. (I forget her name, but it started with a V and I believe she might have been a manager) said that they were full and I should never have been promised that. I mentioned that this was a good response from an employee trying to make an error right. She gave me a look and dropped the key card on the counter. No apology was given. I realize things happen, but polite friendly customer service will go far. The room itself is getting dated. The cleanliness was not great. The room smelt stale and the top of the headboard was very dusty. The hotel itself is in walking distance to shopping and great restaurants. It has the possibility of being a great hotel as it was the first time we stayed many years ago. Oh and we DID have a view room. Which was worth all the trouble.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kala Jones could not have been more helpful to me as we tried to plan a trip on a very busy weekend in Federal Way. Coming for the huge Western Zone swim meet, most local hotels that I called were booked and the service I received was less than stellar. Kala managed to find us a room at the Clarion for part of our stay, hoping that when the time came, a room would open up and we could extend our stay. She walked me through the process, was thorough and organized and at the end of the day, was able to find us exactly what we were looking for. Most importantly her customer service skills and friendly, outgoing personality should be commended. I have no idea how old she is or how long she has been at this job, but I will say she was amazing to work with and is perfectly suited for this position. She is exactly what I would want representing my company on the front lines. Please extend our sincerest thanks and gratitude to Kala. I'm sure our stay will follow suit and be just as amazing.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night at start of our hoilday having just flown in to SeaTac on 24th June. Overall impression was of a comfortable and clean hotel which provided an excellent breakfast.
Having pre-booked, I was surprised when the receptionist offered me an incorrect rate. turned out that she was still a trainee and obviously didn't know how to use the hotel's computer system - not her fault, should have been better supervised.
It was only after departure that I realised that in fact we had been given a one-king bed room instead of the two-bed queen romm that I had reserved!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way? Share your experiences!