“Great Pasties” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Blaine, Washington
“Great Pasties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I think I've tried all of their regular items and they all have been great. My favorite is the pork empanada. A little expensive for what you get, but it's always good quality.

Visited May 2014

Abbotsford, Canada
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Wow, is this place great! I had the pleasure of meeting the owner and the cook when I visited on Friday November 1, 2013. All the ingredients are bought locally, flour from a flour mill in Bellingham, local meat, local veg (while I was there the veg farmer came in with an order of just picked potatoes). I purchased four different types of Pasties, waited until I got home to eat one and when I did... oh my god was it good. Fresh, fresh, fresh.
I didn't see if there was any place to sit, it seems to be more of a pick-up take out, but really, make the trip to Everson, WA for FANTASTIC pasties and soup.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Utah
“Best Food in Whatcom County!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I spent a week in Bellingham and Everson and I had meals in many restaurants including some fancy places like Anthony's Hearthfire and D'Annas and without a doubt the pork empanada at Good to Go Meat Pies was the best thing I ate. The people are great and the food is amazing. I also had the soup and a little raspberry cream pie. If I lived in Bellingham I wouldn't think twice about driving out to Everson for some wonderful food :-)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ferndale, Washington
“True Local Crusine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

You do not find many small food businesses like Good to Go anymore. This small shop produces tasty meat and vegetable pasties, along with true from scratch soups. Their primary focus is the 'take out' market, however there is a delightful little side nook where you can leisurely enjoy a pasty and coffee lunch. The pasty is modeled after lunch box meat pies that wives made for miners in England and the USA in the 1800s. The miners could hold the heavy crusted edges of pie and consume them without dealing with their dirty hands. My favorite is the pulled beef type meat pie, but the chicken pie is hard to beat. Other times we opt for the broccoli and cedar cheese pies. You can't go wrong with any choice, I've tried them all. They also sell frozen pasties for stocking your freezer. They thaw out and heat up very well.

• Visited January 2013