“A great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 356 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hewitt Avenue
Bothell, Washington
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went to Everett for my husband's birthday with our kids. We parked at the Children's museum and let the kids get out energy there first. We were pleased that the restaurant was right around the corner and we didn't have to re park!

I thought I read that the restaurant size was small, not so! The decor was dark woods, cool old movie pictures on the wall.

Our server was very nice. The bartender made an amazing Manhattan!

My dinner was the bacon spinach salad with chicken. Wow!! It had toasted hazelnuts, dried cherries, moist/sliced chicken. I was truly impressed! We all enjoyed our dishes. They offered a dessert because it was my husband's birthday, but we had stuff at home. They gave us a coupon to come back another day for dessert.

I was wanting to go back a couple weeks later for my birthday, but it was a rare very hot day for the area, I just couldn't be in a darkened restaurant, so we went somewhere beachy. Anyway, I do want to go back there. Now we know where it is, where to park, and the amazing homemade food!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Everett, Washington
“Still good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went to the Majestic cafe on Mother's Day and were not disappointed by the food at all. The service however could have been better in the sense that there looked to be plenty of staff but every thing seemed to take way too long. It seemed like the host up front was just wandering around when he could have been helping the servers....only one bartender too....we got our second round of drinks after everyone one finished with their meals (ordered when our meals arrived.) Things like that make me think about going there....never know what exactly you will get in the terms of service. The food seems to remain consistent so we will probably go again...just not with high expectation for experience. Also....the atmosphere is quite drab...they need a new lighting scheme....bright overheads over the booths and very dim and drab in the middle of the restaurant where all the tables are. The tables in the bar in front are your best bet for better atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camano Island, Washington
“Get Your Liver Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reputation is for gourmet homestyle...& I agree. Liver, bacon & onions just like mama made. And how many places even have it on the menu? Plus REAL mashed potatoes! You MUST have a reservation on hockey nights...also be aware that the noise level on those nights is overwhelming. Come in midweek & love the silence...oh...until the piano player starts up. Great martinis.

Visited January 2013
Macedon, New York
“Comfort Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went to dinner at the Majestic Cafe for a business dinner. We had the calamari and Gorgonzola cheese fries for appetizers. The calamari was good but the cheese fries were amazing...highly recommend! Dinner was equally good. One person in the party was gluten free and she was very impressed by their wide menu selection. She had the roasted chicken dinner and said it was very good. I had the prime rib french dip which was good but not out of the ordinary. Others at the table had liver and onions, the non-gluten free roasted chicken and fish & chips. All said their dinners were very good and the portions are substantial! Would definitely stop by again when in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Comfort Food Takes over for The Flying Pig”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Majestic Cafe has been serving very pleasant comfort food in Downtown Everett for years. It was initially located in a cozy spot on Hewitt and I liked going there on cold evenings to order meatloaf, liver and onions, or fried chicken- food that stuck to the ribs and warmed you up. Then they moved uptown to Colby and into the space previously occupied by The Flying Pig - a much larger and upscale venue. Unfortunately for me, I think the food and ambience has suffered from the move. The increased size of the space has led to slower service and an entirely different vibe. For me, the old space fit the food perfectly and something has been lost in the move, even if the menu has remained pretty much intact. The food is still good, but what made this place special is not longer in evidence.

Visited April 2013