“Cheap - you get what you pay for!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Everett
Astoria, OR
“Cheap - you get what you pay for!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We were passing through after visiting friends in the area and just wanted an inexpensive place to spend the nice. We'd stayed at Travelodges before and they weren't that bad, so we checked in. Room was average but leaned to the unclean side. Coffeepot hadn't been washed. The wood strip that the safety deadbolt lock thing was attached to was literally coming apart from the wall! Someone could push the door in and that deadbolt wouldn't've held it closed at all. The breakfast room had a sad choice of Sunny Delite for orange juice and overripe fruit and some packaged muffins. Although it was a hot day the pool was out of service and drained. TV cable channel selection was laughable. At least there was free wi-fi.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Bed was hard and had blood stains on the bed cover and mattress cover. Pubic hair under sheets. The smell was horrible and needed to use half a can of room deodorizer to remove the pine sol smell. Blow dryer had gray hair hanging off the end of it. Not my hair brought my own blow dryer !! Coffee pot needed to be rinsed before we could use it. Walls dirty with liquid stains including red wax from a candle. If you want to sleep in don't bother.....room service will knock on your door at 8:30 in the morning. Wouldn't go away till we opened the door. Towels are stained and stiff and great if your a midget. No offense. My ex stayed here and now I know why he's an ex !!!! I could almost understand. the women at the desk. States it has been renovated. would have never guessed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I were traveling with my dad to the north Seattle area for catching up with relatives/family reunion and were looking for a cheap place to stay. Well this is about the cheapest place you can find in the whole of the area (3 nights for $185 with tax). It is right off of 5, so you will hear the traffic all day and especially all night. If you request an inner courtyard room the sound will be reduced by at least 50%, so make sure you do that. The floors are thin so you will hear your neighbors and the people above you. So you should probably be on the second floor, although this will increase the amount of traffic you hear.

The front desk staff is young but very friendly. They stayed their for our late check in and didn't seem to be bothered by it. Although the are very friendly, they are not the most competent. They want to help you but it is a serious question of IF they can actually help you. 9 out of 10 times they can't. But they can give you more pillows and the ironing board (which is not in the room and you have to share with other guests). And they always offer advice. They also quieted down a large party group one night at 11pm when we were trying to sleep.

The rooms seem to have had a very basic overhaul recently, new carpet, new paint, etc. but the oldness of the place can still be seen in the sink and tub area although they try to hide it. The room was clean, we didn't find any hairs or large pieces of dirt. They also provide a very average crap american breakfast, but people were eating it. The room is nothing to look at, your bare basic minimum. Oh the windows are not double pained, hence one reason why you can hear the traffic.

This hotel would only be good if you 1: want to save money 2: aren't going to be in the room unless you are sleeping 3: aren't looking for a good/scenic/decorative hotel 4: aren't interested in being in Seattle (yes it is 45 minute drive to downtown) 5: plan on visiting people in Everett or Marysville, etc.

I would not recommend staying here if you want anything nice. It is a place to stay with a roof over your head, a bed and a place to clean up and store your stuff. If you are on a vacation of any sorts and can afford a few more dollars, I would recommend not staying here. But if you fit into the "hotel would be good if you" above then it would be fine to stay there.

Moses Lake, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Our room had a great kitchenette and 3 beds which is perfect for 3 children. Travel co. botched our reservation, but office attendant did was very helpful and very friendly.

wa state
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

The linoleum they used to cover the bathroom floor was also used to line the wall for the shower surround. I guess that's no big deal, in fact, it's probably cheap and sturdy and waterproof. However, the texture of the flooring was such that on the floor, it created a pattern of small black spots of dirtyness that didn't get dirty on the wall.

The breakfast, if you can call it that was just 3 kinds of cereal, froot loops, lucky charms and raisin bran, plus a few kinds of muffins and rolls, and coffee, milk and OJ, ended at 9am- I just think that's WAY TOO EARLY.

There is a laundry facility for guest use, but when I went to use it at 9:30 AM i t was closed. I asked the girl at the front desk if it was available and she said " I just haven't unlocked it yet" I asked when it was going to be unlocked and she said "I'll probably get to it in the next hour or so" I asked her what TIME it's supposed to open and she wanted to know what room I was in so she could call me. That wouldn't have worked- my husband was sleeping in the room, having worked all night and their phones are horribly loud- horribly terribly loud.

I just do not believe that they don't have a designated time that the laundry room is supposed to open.

And I think if someone is going to be working a front desk, making up stupid excuses for their laziness, they should learn how to smile.

The coffee pot in my room wasn't clean

The rest of the room was clean and in good repair. I was in rm 215- I would never stay in room 115 because the floor of 215 creaked whenever you went near the bathroom, I imagine that would be annoying for the people downstairs.

They do have complimentary high speed internet

here's me- [-]

• Liked — my husband was here- working for 4 weeks, we're here to visit him
  • Disliked — rudmy husband was here- working for 4 weeke girl at desk, brkfst ends too early, dirty coffee pot in room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

We stayed for two days at this inn. The staff was rude and unprofessional. We were harassed by staff for having a service dog.They wanted to charge for a pet and a cleaning deposit . They also made us provide proof of the dogs credentials. All of which are in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I would never stay at another Travelodge ever. I will not recommend them .

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Was kind of worried that I picked the cheapest hotel in Everett through Expedia after checking this website. Stayed for 2 days & had a completely different experience than the previous reviewers.

For $69, didn't have high expectations except for a nice room considering this is a Travelodge. No problems checking in & room was nothing exciting to write about except it was clean. Location was very convenient (right off I-5) for me as I had to visit my grandma in everett & wanted to go to downtown seattle.

Would give it 3pts b/c it is an average hotel, but 4pts b/c of the price. You get what you pay for!!

FYI, when I shop around for rooms, I also try to look @ reviews from Expedia, Hotels.com & Travelocity b/c these sites actually only allow reviewers who booked rooms with them.

• Liked — price compared to the other hotels in the area
  • Disliked — right off the freeway so you get noise
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!