“Very good employees” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oceanside, California
“Very good employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed quite a number of times at this hotel and while the hotel doesn't have a great number of amenities the rooms are quite spacious and the desks are big enough to do a bit of work on them.

Every employee that I've dealt with have been very nice and have done their best with any changes that I've requested.

The location isn't great for walking, but there are restaurants within a short driving distance.

Room Tip: While the hotel is adjacent to freeway, just make sure to get and odd numbered room, which is the qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We are very proud of the service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on the exceptional service you always get while staying here. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
West Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Room was as expected for a Holiday Inn. Clean and decently sized. The hotel, itself, is quite nice. Newer than I expected, in fact. The night we stayed, parking was an issue, due to a hotel event. Ordered room service from the hotel restaurant and really enjoyed the meal. Very good service.
Used the pool and exercise facilities. Pool was nice. Exercise room was just ok. Several machines not in operation and it was VERY hot. Could use some updating.
Unless you're attending an event at the Convention Centre, the area doesn't have much going for it. Kind of rundown.
Overall, the bed was comfortable and the we had a restful sleep. A good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments; we are glad you found our food good and our beds comfortable. Those are really important while traveling. Next time you are in town, stop by the front desk, they have loads of information on things to do while visiting Everett and would be more than happy to share! We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

On a long trip from south to Everett, we arrived to a pet friendly got with a king bed prepaid. Clean, comfortable and good shower. Complimentary breakfast included with room. Parking in basement was a bonus. Overall, will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We are glad you (and your four legged friend) enjoyed your stay! We can’t wait to see you again!
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great hotel, clean rooms,comfy beds,restaurant and bar,and espresso bar serving Starbucks! Stayed here one night,in town for concert at the Comcast arena. Hotel shuttle van dropped us off at the arena and after concert we chose to walk back to hotel.i had driven down to the arena earlier to check the area and parking situation out. Neighborhood was clean and safe looking and front desk stated she walked in the area frequently and no problems. We didn't get a chance to try the pool out though. There is a Denny's nearby for late night food but we chose pizza delivery instead which was fast and delicious, will definitely stay here again when in the area. Wasn't impressed with Comcast arena sound/setup so not sure if will attend any more concerts there,seemed like would be great for sports events though.

• Stayed July 2013
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We appreciate your kind words in regards to yourHoliday Inn Downtown Everett experience! Your feedback will allow others to enjoy & experience all that we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have mixed emotions writing this review. We didn't mind the hotel but there were serious issues with noise and security. During our stay the 7th floor was a party zone. The ladies in the room next to us were incredibly noisy. My 8 and 10 year old were awake until midnight listening to the arguing, swearing and sometimes crying next door. I believe someone from security showed up at the door around 12:30am and we could hear the phone ring several times soon after. They didn't answer the door or the phone and we could hear them giggling. The noise continued even after banging on the wall and at 1:30am I decided to go down to the front desk and complain. On my way to the lobby, there was a full out party in another room on the 7th floor. I felt sorry for anyone near this room. A couple of teen age looking girls and guys exited the room as I walked by. One girl asked if I had a problem. When I approached the elevator a guy was laying on the floor and another appeared passed out on a couch. I complained at the front desk and I could tell that other complaints were already received. The lady at the front desk wasn't interested in taking my information. She just stated that security was aware and they will be patrolling the floor. Nothing changed for hours but we were able to drown out the noise by running the room fan on high. The next night it was the same story. Again, we ran the fan to get some sleep. My frustration with the hotel is that they didn't even try to address my noise complaint. All they had to do was ask which room was the issue. They could have prevented a repeat the following night.
I'm going to guess the lady at the front desk received numerous complaints and she was frustrated as well. I won't recommend or return to this hotel. PS. I've never complained about a hotel to this date.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. I am terribly sorry for the level of noise you encountered during your stay with us. It is our intentions to ensure every one of our guests receive a comfortable night's stay at their home away from home. We have reviewed our policies and will do our best to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Should you like to discuss this further, you can reach me at 425-339-2000.
be'er ya'akov
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After my recent (July 2013) week stay at the property,I was quite surprised to read the negative reviews. front My experience was more akin to that reported by Bea_613. The front desk stafff was most accommodating as were the cleaning staff. I did find the $3.00 charge for a small glass of orange juice a bit insulting. Otherwise all was fine, even to providing transportation to the near-by bus and rail station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. We take pride in the service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. We hope to see you again soon!
Marmarth, North Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were caught in Everett when we missed our ferry. I know the hotel was booked. We were treated like crap by the desk clerk. No offer to help us find other accommodations. Practically told us to get lost.
We have been loyal IHG customers for years. This hotel is not a good advertisement of the brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you feel as if you were treated poorly. Please call me at 425-339-2000, I would like to get more details regarding your interaction with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Everett? Share your experiences!