“Noisy and lack of security” 1 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Everett
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kelowna, Canada
“Noisy and lack of security”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have mixed emotions writing this review. We didn't mind the hotel but there were serious issues with noise and security. During our stay the 7th floor was a party zone. The ladies in the room next to us were incredibly noisy. My 8 and 10 year old were awake until midnight listening to the arguing, swearing and sometimes crying next door. I believe someone from security showed up at the door around 12:30am and we could hear the phone ring several times soon after. They didn't answer the door or the phone and we could hear them giggling. The noise continued even after banging on the wall and at 1:30am I decided to go down to the front desk and complain. On my way to the lobby, there was a full out party in another room on the 7th floor. I felt sorry for anyone near this room. A couple of teen age looking girls and guys exited the room as I walked by. One girl asked if I had a problem. When I approached the elevator a guy was laying on the floor and another appeared passed out on a couch. I complained at the front desk and I could tell that other complaints were already received. The lady at the front desk wasn't interested in taking my information. She just stated that security was aware and they will be patrolling the floor. Nothing changed for hours but we were able to drown out the noise by running the room fan on high. The next night it was the same story. Again, we ran the fan to get some sleep. My frustration with the hotel is that they didn't even try to address my noise complaint. All they had to do was ask which room was the issue. They could have prevented a repeat the following night.
I'm going to guess the lady at the front desk received numerous complaints and she was frustrated as well. I won't recommend or return to this hotel. PS. I've never complained about a hotel to this date.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. I am terribly sorry for the level of noise you encountered during your stay with us. It is our intentions to ensure every one of our guests receive a comfortable night's stay at their home away from home. We have reviewed our policies and will do our best to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Should you like to discuss this further, you can reach me at 425-339-2000.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
be'er ya'akov
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After my recent (July 2013) week stay at the property,I was quite surprised to read the negative reviews. front My experience was more akin to that reported by Bea_613. The front desk stafff was most accommodating as were the cleaning staff. I did find the $3.00 charge for a small glass of orange juice a bit insulting. Otherwise all was fine, even to providing transportation to the near-by bus and rail station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. We take pride in the service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. We hope to see you again soon!
Marmarth, North Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were caught in Everett when we missed our ferry. I know the hotel was booked. We were treated like crap by the desk clerk. No offer to help us find other accommodations. Practically told us to get lost.
We have been loyal IHG customers for years. This hotel is not a good advertisement of the brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you feel as if you were treated poorly. Please call me at 425-339-2000, I would like to get more details regarding your interaction with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Made reservation a week in advance, the day we were suppose to check in, I called and told them I had not traveled far enough and could not stay. The front desk staff were extremely rude, and told me to call back in the morning for a refund. I did so
The next day, manager again extremely rude, told me I was "out of luck" and told me there was nothing that could be done. I travel a lot, stay at many hotels and this one by far the worst service I have ever had. At this point I won't stay at any holiday inns especially the one in Everett Washington. Very poor customer service.

Stayed July 2013
I am sorry about the service you received; certainly your experience does not meet our standards. IHG does have a 24 hour cancelation policy and certain rates that are booked are booked with the terms pre-pay and non-refundable. Please call me at 425-339-2000, I would like to help you with this situation.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The location was not the greatest, however, it the rooms were comfortable and very clean. As a bonus the parking is free.
The reception was friendly and offered us late night dining advice. I decided not to stop for breakfast but did grab a Starbucks coffee to go at their take out counter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and taking time to point out the service you received from the front desk and housekeeping staff. I am glad you enjoyed your Starbucks in the morning, we have just added a grab and go case so eating on the go just got even easier. We hope to see you again!
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night while in the Seattle area for business. As hotels in Seattle & its immediate suburbs are always packed and shockingly expensive in summer, I happily drove up the 28 miles to stay here because of its reviews on TA and the great deal I got on Priceline. I was not disappointed or overwhelmed. This place is just fine.
I've driven right by it on I-5 for years, during its many different managements by various chains. A vintage '70s hotel that's built like a bunker (the room windows are tiny), the HI is located in "downtown" Everett (I think calling it central Everett is more appropriate).
The front desk clerk was very friendly & searched for a quiet room on the west (non-freeway) side of the hotel when asked. The room I got was large, clean and I had no noise issues. The bed was good (though not plush), the TV was new (with excellent reception), the carpet was clean and the bathroom had a nice, new granite countertop. The art is a little sad, but overall, there was nothing really to complain about. Parking was plentiful and free, and the wifi is free, too.
It wasn't quite a four star experience, but it was much better than a 3, so I rounded up. I would definitely come back for a night or two based on my experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We are glad to see you enjoyed it and hope to see you again!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We (me and my 7 year old and 9 year old) were on our way back (from Seattle to Victoria). After a full day in Seattle - we went up the Space Needle, then drove over to Pike's Place Market (an awesome experience - we saw them throw a fish!) we drive North on our way back to Canada. We stopped in at Everett and stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. Located right off of the I5 (convenient). The rooms were nice and clean (a huge thing for me). The room also had an empty mini fridge for us to use, a microwave, plus a keurig (with 2 k-cups of bold coffee for the next morning). Nice that they had a 12noon checkout time the next morning. No complimentary breakfast, but that's ok as there was a Denny's across the street plus an iHop not very far away. The room had 2 queen beds that had a choice of firm or soft pillows. You could here the vehicles on the I5, only when the a/c in the room kicked out, but it wasn't a huge thing or overly noticeable. The pool was good, but started at 3 feet and went to 6 feet relatively quickly. The hot tub was nice. Overall a good place to stay. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location perfect for your needs! We hope to see you again next time you're in the area!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Everett? Share your experiences!