“Good Hotel, Great Value” 3 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Everett
GreenLeadersBronze level
Van City
“Good Hotel, Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from my first stay @ this hotel. We picked it because it was close to Comcast Arena where our show was at. The hotel was clean, the lobby smelled nice when you walked in, the bed was comfortable, bathroom is like most hotels on the smaller side but they have Bath & Body Works toiletries which was nice. They offer free wifi, the staff was nice, and the hotel rates were affordable. For all the parents out there, it was great to have a decent size fridge and a microwave.
Cons: Hwy noise, Train noise @ 3am was awful, Restaurant & Room Service are until 9pm (which I thought was ridiculous for the weekend), Although they a hotel shuttle it didn't seem like it was readily available. I thought it was unacceptable that a shuttle wasn't available until 3pm and of all days on a Saturday? Actually the shuttle didn't show up until almost 3:20pm. It wouldn't been nice to get free water which some people got and others didn't (maybe we didn't get it because our booking wasn't with the hotel directly), and I don't think there was free breakfast offered either. Also there isn't anything around the hotel aside from Denny's and Hunan Palace Chinese Restaurant.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper and/or you're travelling with little ones, try to get a suite and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments; we are thrilled to see you found our hotel to be in the perfect location at a great value. I am sorry for the inconveniences that may have been caused by the shuttle hours. We will be reviewing our current operations and making any changes to better fit you, our guest. We hope we see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Macedon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my second stay at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Everett. I find it to be extremely clean and comfortable. They added a mini frig and microwave since my last visit which I thought were excellent upgrades to the room. As a woman I feel very safe staying there and even parking alone at night. Breakfast is included with my package and I find the selections to be satisfying. The work out area and pool are very nice and clean as well. This will be where I stay from now on while I am in Everett.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor both visits and it has always been very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Vernon, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I travel a lot for work. This is the first time I stayed in this hotel. It met all of my key criteria - clean, modern, gym, free internet, friendly staff, good location and reasonably priced. I definitely would stay here again and recommend the Holiday Inn downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments! We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your next visit!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my first visit to the Holiday Inn in Downtown Everett. There were some pros and cons, but overall I would definitely consider staying here again.

Pros: Very clean room, comfortable & updated bedding, microwave & mini fridge in room, lovely main foyer, friendly staff, nicely scented bath amenities, modern fitness equipment, spacious restaurant, free parking, coffee stand/shop, lounge.

Cons: Freeway noise, very thin walls, squeaky beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We take pride in the service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Everett. I have forwarded your comments onto the leadership team to ensure each team member is properly recognized. I do apologize for the noise you experience being next to the freeway, please contact me directly next time you are in town and I will ensure you receive a city side room!
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just stayed one night on a girls getaway. The hotel was easy to find, not really a central area for walking or shopping so you have to drive. The room was clean and large. It was a bit stuffy at night. Our package included breakfast but apparently only from the voucher menu which we only found out after having breakfast from the regular menu. The food was good, not stellar but as expected. A decent price for a decent room.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am sorry about the misunderstanding at breakfast, I am happy the restaurant staff took care of the problem. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you soon!
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Whenever my partner and I would go to the states to go shopping we enjoyed the Holiday Inn in Everett. The rooms are nothing fancy, but seem decently clean, and we found the location very convenient for getting to the Premium Outlet Mall. However, last spring when we went we were surprised that they no longer offered the complimentary buffet breakfast. This breakfast had a good variety, and we enjoyed filling up before shopping. When we booked the hotel, we were told that the breakfast would be included as usual, but the first morning we stayed we found out that they had just stopped offering the complimentary breakfast. We went to the front desk to inquire about this issue, the lady at the front was accommodating and gave us free vouchers for breakfast. We would have been happy with the outcome, except the service and food at the restaurant was TERRIBLE. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full, but it took at least 20 minutes to be seated, and another 10 minutes to get water. When our food finally arrived, I was extremely disappointed. I had ordered one of the three options available, that included eggs, hashbrowns, and toast. It was all extremely greasy, and actually made me physically ill. One of the days of our short vacation ended up being ruined by me being sick in the bathroom at the mall. After the first breakfast experience we decided to eat at Denny's instead. With the great continental breakfast we always felt we were getting great value for our stay. It's coming up to the time of our yearly trip, and I'll be looking elsewhere..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a response, I am glad you enjoy our hotel and the location we have. As for the breakfast, free continental breakfast is offered at our Holiday Inn Express chains, our full service property offers a variety of services and amenities such as full service restaurant for all your dinning needs. I do apologize for any inconvenience the breakfast might have caused, I have followed up with the appropriate team members to ensure you experience doesn’t happen again. I hope this doesn’t detour you from choosing us again.

Best Regards,
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have stayed here before. It is convenience to I5 and easy access to Everett shopping and restaurants. Seattle is only 20 minutes. Hotel is clean, comfortable bed and plenty of space in the room.
Bob is great in the Bar... and even remembered us from 2 years ago. Restaurant has good food, and breakfast excellent. We would certainly recommend staying here again.

Room Tip: try for a room facing the City of Everett, otherwise you will be on I5
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bryan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments; we truly are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are very proud of our Team here at the Holiday Inn and love it when guests share their opinions! See you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Everett? Share your experiences!