I stay at a lot of HIX hotels and have lots of stays for comparison. The property is about what you would expect for an HIX. This one has had a makeover, and there were no complaints about the decor or condition of the property. It's their service that sets them above the rest!
1. Room upgrade on arrival without asking.
2. Managers reception in the evening with complimentary wine and beer. They had real glass wine glasses (stemless ones at that!). I imagine that I am not the only one who hates drinking wine out of a plastic cup!
3. USA Today was actually delivered under the door, instead of outside of it.
4. A WORKING, COLOR printer, and a copy machine (though old and not very good quality) in the business lounge.
5. Nice hand written welcome note from management, and nice hand written note from housekeeper.
I was not crazy about the location or the lack of close proximity to restaurants, but the service from the staff made the stay quite pleasant. Good job!